Date: 27-04-24  Time: 19:14 pm

Author Topic: Back Again  (Read 741 times)

dave8204

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Knackered Bandit
    • View Profile
Back Again
« on: 19 February 2023, 01:11:18 am »
I used to use this forum back in 2003 (seriously) when I was running an 01 Fazer with the metallic gold and black paint which I rode into the ground. Since then had a 600 Hornet........yes I know.....it was nice and light,very easy to ride around town ,apart from that it was a revvy,thirsty rust bucket...,one of the ones made in Italy,so much for Honda build quality. Next I had a 900 Hornet which was made in Japan and was a quality bit of kit,also bland and lardy and I never really got on with it. More recently I've had a 600 Bandit ,nowhere near as much fun as a Fazer but I've had it for over 10 years and nearly 63,000 miles. done very well and never let me down despite being ridden all year round.........and now I fancy a Fazer again. There's a mint 1999 model quite near me, a cheap low miles FZ and the most likely candidate,a very tidy Diversion (later model) at a good price.
So,just browsing online checking stuff out..............but I'll be back.

Trebus

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Back Again
« Reply #1 on: 19 February 2023, 09:47:08 am »
If it’s a 600 Diversion I’d have a rethink unless you like vibration, carb icing and essentially gutless.

dave8204

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Knackered Bandit
    • View Profile
Re: Back Again
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2023, 02:15:28 am »
I had one of those and it wasn't up to much to be honest.
The one I'm looking at is the later one,pretty much a detuned later fuel-injected Fazer 600