Date: 17-05-24  Time: 23:32 pm

Author Topic: SOME FOOKING IDIOT TRIED TO KILL ME.  (Read 2502 times)

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
SOME FOOKING IDIOT TRIED TO KILL ME.
« on: 18 February 2012, 09:27:59 pm »
 :(  Ayup fella's ive had a week ill not forget ! so here goes tueday 14th i was heading north on the m1 to do a job i leave the m1 at junc29 taking the slip rd and going right on the island keeping in the right hand lane taking the 5th exit down the 617 to mansfield as i indicate to leave the island a car rams straight into the passenger side at speed pushing me into the high kerb and than off rd i take 4 lamp post signs out before the van comes to a stop.

Anyway turns out the stupid WOMAN driver was in the wrong lane and she wanted to get back on the motorway fookin brill !!

here's whats left of a immaculate and i mean it twas really immaculate astra van

Front leg is badly damaged A-arm is bent, Drive shaft snapped and lots of bent bits wheel had to be removed as it folded and the inner wing has some big creases and pushed back.

Now lets see what the other side is like!

The 1st contact point.

Rear axle is bent.

Square wheels 1&2 and split!!

Wheel 3 badly split.

It all happened very fast and the only thing that i can remember thinking before the van came to a stop, is this is going to hurt as i took the huge signs out  :(   the police are prosecuting the woman and she and her insurance have accepted full liability the recovery brought the van home because i had tools i needed to get out however some have been damaged and my satnav and phone kit is fooked as well..

Dave  :'(

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
Re: SOME FOOKING IDIOT TRIED TO KILL ME.
« Reply #1 on: 18 February 2012, 10:40:19 pm »
bet your glad you were in the van huh?

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 February 2012, 10:52:18 pm »
yes mate even in a car/van you so vulnerable of the idiots that drive on the rds today, i even had my indicator on and had passed the offending car that was in the left hand lane, so i cannot think as to why she hit me like she did, she told the police she wanted to change lanes because she was in the wrong one to get onto the m1 south bound.

There is no question, on a bike the outcome would have been, very grim for sure.
« Last Edit: 18 February 2012, 10:55:22 pm by cable tie »

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 February 2012, 07:32:33 am »
Dave
look on the bright side... you came out OK from it .I bet you have some whiplash at least - right ! Cos you will get compo if you do. hint hint ...

I never posted this up, but on 13 january I was twatted by a van driven at me by 2 guys I disturbed  who had just robbed my van..was sent skittling down the road....even now my right knee is still swollen.Coulnt work for 2 weeks .... I just thank my lucky stars it didnt break. Last time that happened, it cost me £15k in lost earnings ! Police came out but never caught the feckers. Just by coincidence a gypo camp had been set up in Rugby , and many local tradesman had their vans robbed. No link of course....
Feckin white vans get you from all sides bud !   :'(

and it was friday the 13 th !!

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 February 2012, 08:28:44 am »
Scary stuff, Dave.  Glad you're OK but what a mess of your lovely Astra.  Thinking about it, I could never imagine you driving a typical tatty works wagon. :)

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 February 2012, 11:21:17 am »
Jon sorry to hear about that, glad your on the mend, yeah I do
Have some injuries and have been to and fro the hospital these
Being bruised abdomen and I got bad whiplash to a point my
Neck now makes a clicking noise and it gives me a bad head ache
And just feeling very stiff so yeah it's ongoing.

Mike, I have some bad luck with vans after having my van and
Tools stolen in 2008 any being ££££ out of pocket because the
Insurance comp just screw you, and now this and you can be
Sure her insurance will not want to give me what I had it insured
For and yeah it was not your normal work van, I'm a clean freak
And was absolutely spotless inside and out, all the back is done out in alloy checker plate and racked.
 Howeve the law of the land states they have to put me back
To the position I was in before she hit me.

Dave..
« Last Edit: 19 February 2012, 11:28:50 am by cable tie »

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 February 2012, 11:47:26 am »
Glad you ain't too badly injured Dave. All the best with your recovery and hopefully you will get a good payout from the insurance company. Did you have any witnesses in case she changes her story?
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

snapper

• GP Hero
  • Life is an accident waiting to happen
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 February 2012, 12:41:54 pm »
glad your ok matey !

she must have been shift to push you that far !

cars tools etc can be replaced people cant !

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 February 2012, 03:11:40 pm »
. Did you have any witnesses in case she changes her story?

This was my worst worry, she also had her daughter with her and so it was 2 against one and would go home and her husband tell her to say it was my fault, there was a chap behind in a works van he did see it all and i asked if he would stop to be a witness but did'nt hang around for the police to arrive not sure why!!  i did state this to one of the police officers that she could go home and change her mind the police did reassure me this would not be the case, because they took a statement from her and are going to prosecute her, also my insurance legal team spoke to her's and they confirmed there taking 100% blame so thats good.

Ive got a hire van FOC however being as fussy as i am!! the 1st one i rejected because it was shitty inside and a heap for a 2010 van  :\  so the 2nd one was a new van  ;) i do expect and im prepared to battle with her insurance over the value of my van because ive seen the shit out there even today ive been round the dealers and most 58 reg astra vans are marked and done plenty of miles, and mine was quite high spec'd.

Thx for the comments

Dave  :'(