Date: 18-05-24  Time: 00:28 am

Author Topic: afew more additions  (Read 1975 times)

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
afew more additions
« on: 12 December 2011, 08:43:25 pm »
carbon rad covers from Germany ordered tuesday arrived friday perfect fit and all the original bushes fit and the holes align 100%

Whilst i was at it i won some R1 NRC engine covers off evilbay the casings are rough finished and unpainted as stock so i got to work sanding the casings for a smooth finish than took a box of bits to have powder coated.

I brought a sargent seat last week however when it arrived and i fitted the seat the rear pillion seat is slightly wider and touched the rentec grab rail and in time i felt it would rub thro and tbh i felt it did not follow the lines of the rear cowling so i sent it back for a refund, and than sent my original seat to Coventry custom seats for a remake and a gelastic pad and the outcome i saved £££ and im very happy with melvyn's work yet again and turn around was 3 days

Dave  :D

Silverdream

• Weekend Warrior
  • Live it - Ride it..
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: afew more additions
« Reply #1 on: 12 December 2011, 09:22:47 pm »

Dave..
Those carbon rad covers look ace...

also that seat is awesome..

looking to have mine done soon... can you post up or pm the guys details where you had it done please??

Cheers  Colin

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 December 2011, 10:01:03 pm »

can you post up or pm the guys details where you had it done please??

Cheers  Colin

No probs:  http://www.customseats.co.uk/   melvyn hunter and his son ross do the foam mods and gelastic inserts and than they have someone make the cover, they do the work from home and your more than welcome to visit em, melvyn's a nice chap and likes a chat, turn around is 3 days approx well every seat ive had done is about that and ive had about 7 done, i  take my seat to em when im working that way and explain what i want and material, as the design and some of the material you see there is slightly different to the designs on there site but still cost the same.

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 December 2011, 08:43:45 pm »
More goodies, eh?  Looking forward to seeing this when it's finished.  Well, assuming it ever gets finished, of course. :)

Loving your previous MH seat, BTW, Dave.  Works just right for me and as comfortable as I'd hoped.  Ta muchly.

Mike