Date: 17-05-24  Time: 08:35 am

Author Topic: TT Steam Packet tickets  (Read 2064 times)

Roly

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - 2001 Fazer 600
    • View Profile
TT Steam Packet tickets
« on: 01 November 2014, 06:07:11 pm »
A mate looking for a ticket for next year please? Apparently tickets are sold out 1year in advance??
Too old and slow really....

Doddsie

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: TT Steam Packet tickets
« Reply #1 on: 01 November 2014, 07:59:39 pm »
You normally get shed loads of them turn up on ebay after xmas where people have booked early, then decide they cant go.

Bigfellabuck

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XJ600 Diversion 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 November 2014, 02:07:04 pm »
Hi, If you try their web-site, I think they've put some extra sailings on, I got an e-mail last week about it.

Buck

Billy Balthorpe

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 2 X 1987 fzr1000's, VN800
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 February 2015, 03:24:56 pm »
I was going to go for the centenary TT in 2008. The Steam Racket company wanted a non refundable £270 deposit for a single bike and rider and once paid they would let you know when you were going and coming back. When I said I wanted to go for race week they said that they could not guarantee any dates for outward and return journeys, and that I could end up going for 4 days of practice week and not see any racing. Needless to say I told them to stick their ferry where the sun don't shine. Ive been 3 times '88, '89 and '98, I wont be going back to the TT, but I wouldn't mind doing the Classic TT or the Southern 100, just as long as they can tell me when im going out and returning before I pay any money. There are a lot of places to go, and things to see in Europe that are a lot cheaper than a week at the TT.

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 February 2015, 04:21:45 pm »
I was going to go for the centenary TT in 2008.

The Centenary TT was in 2007 and we tried to book while we were there in 2006. Not a chance. All ferries and accommodation (including campsites) were fully booked a year in advance.
I find it astonishing that The Steam Racket Company is still the only Ferry operator going to the Isle of Man considering the amount of people (motorcyclists in particular) that travel to the island every year, especially during TT fortnight.
There must be viable commercial reasons for it though, or back handers from the Steam Racket Company.

I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

Doddsie

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 February 2015, 08:31:40 pm »
Hire a little fishing boat and bung your bike on it, it was good enough for Joey Dunl.......oh, maybe not!!!

Billy Balthorpe

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 2 X 1987 fzr1000's, VN800
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 February 2015, 09:40:59 pm »
Sorry Grayo, whenever it was, that was the year we tried to book. I think they had put extra ferries on, which is why there was some availability, I think it was around December when we tried to book.

Whatever, I still think that we only get one life and to keep going back to the same place (the IOM, as some people do) for the only (usually) bike holiday I have per year, is a waste, ive been to the IOM 3 times for the TT, but ive also been to France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, Holland, Andorra and Morocco on the bike. Ive seen stuff that knocks spots off the IOM, but if you are a biker that likes racing, the IOM is a "must do" at least once. Just not all the time, unless you have lots of bike holidays every year and can afford it that is.

* Crash.Net racing newsfeeds

MotoGP

World Superbikes

British Superbikes

RSS to JavaScript