Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

Rear Brake problem?

<< < (3/4) > >>

WayneUK:

--- Quote from: Gnasher on 18 September 2021, 05:27:20 pm ---
--- Quote from: WayneUK on 18 September 2021, 04:50:56 pm ---Ok thanks I will try, so the wiper seal things are not used for the caliper or anything?
--- End quote ---

As stated above, I can only assume that's what they have called the main seal. 

I'm not really sure quite what you've done.  You've said you've bought a caliper rebuild kit and that you've replaced the pistons, but can't get get the caliper to bleed.  Which suggests to me you've already done the work? But you're also suggesting these wiper seals, which can only be the main seal based on the list from the webpage you provided the link too. Haven't been fitted?

Have you not replaced any seals but just the pistons?  Or only replaced the dust seal (thinner) and left the old main seal in? Or have you only replaced the dust seal (thinner) and taken the old main seal out and not put back a new main seal?   

Why did you replace the pistons?

--- End quote ---
yes I have replaced the dust and main seal and the bleed nipples and the pistons and the banjo washers, but have been left with these wiper seals? but cant see anywhere where they would go?

Gnasher:
Pictures?

WayneUK:

--- Quote from: Gnasher on 18 September 2021, 06:13:24 pm ---Pictures?

--- End quote ---
of? the wiper seals? you can see them in the picture, 2 rubber seals about the size of a 1pence https://www.wemoto.com/bikes/yamaha/fzs_1000_fazer/03/picture/brake_piston_and_seal_kit_stainless_steel_rear_-_by_trk

FILZ6:
They look like the seals that go between the two calliper halves. But isn’t the Fazer 1000 a solid calliper? So aren’t needed.

Have you got the correct repair kit?

FazThou:
I may be wrong but the two little rubber seals are IF you split the caliper
The wiper seals i can only assume are the piston seals
As stated in the link you supplied:
2 stainless steel pistons

* 2 wiper seals
* 2 dust seals
* 2 caliper joint seals
* 2 stainless steel bleed nipples
* 2 bleed nipple covers
* 2 copper washers