Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

Rear Brake problem?

(1/4) > >>

WayneUK:
cant seem to bleed the brakes, when i remove the banjo bolt and pump the rear brake should brake fluid come out cause all i can hear is air coming out?? and no fluid?

Gnasher:
Mate you don't remove or open the banjo bolt to bleed the brake line.  Why are you removing the banjo bolt and pumping the brake pedal?

Answer to your question is yes the fluid will drain/pump out as you operate the pedal, air will also be sucked in.

WayneUK:
I took the back caliper off to clean it and put new pistons in , when i put it back on and tried to bleed them there is no fluid being sucked through so took banjo bolt back of to see if it was pumping through but nothing is being pumped through even out of the hole where the banjo bolt goes through?
Theirs always a reason i take things off lol :rolleyes

Gnasher:

--- Quote from: WayneUK on 18 September 2021, 09:03:44 am ---I took the back caliper off to clean it and put new pistons in , when i put it back on and tried to bleed them there is no fluid being sucked through so took banjo bolt back of to see if it was pumping through but nothing is being pumped through even out of the hole where the banjo bolt goes through?
Theirs always a reason i take things off lol :rolleyes

--- End quote ---

I see, you've got an airlock.  Push the pistons all the way back into the caliper, open the bleed nipple, fill the master cylinder and wait until the fluid starts to drip out the bleed nipple.  Once it does, bleed them as normal. ;)

PieEater:
Don't forget there are 2 bleed nipples on the rear calliper if you're working on one the other will need to be done up tight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version