Date: 28-03-24  Time: 22:01 pm

Author Topic: Booster plug fz6 impressions  (Read 1404 times)

rorkylads1989

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
Booster plug fz6 impressions
« on: 19 May 2021, 08:32:15 pm »
After looking for reviews on the booster plug specific to the fz6, couldn't find any for how the bike responds to the installation. However, read plenty of good reviews on other bikes so thought I'd give it a shot and bought one, to see if it could smooth out the snatchy throttle at all.

So here's my honest review - it is definitely an improvement over the standard set up. It definitely idles stronger, as per the richer fuel mixture. It's slightly easier to pull off from a standstill smoothly. However, don't expect it to 100% fix this issue. I'd say the biggest difference I notice is when feathering the throttle on corners to maintain speed. Before, this was really jerky compared to other bikes I've had and a bit disconcerting. Now, I'm able to adjust throttle mid corner without it lurching so much. Again, it doesn't go away 100% but it's about a 50% improvement and keeps my rides smoother.

It doesn't change the character of the bike or anything, but it's this small improvement that makes it a lot easier to commute every day. If you use your bike a lot, the small improvement on each ride does make a big difference so it's worth it for that.

If you use your bike mainly for weekend scratching and high speed stuff, you won't really notice a difference at though rpms. It is most effective at 4000rpm and below, I think.

Hope this helps anyone considering buying one to make a choice 👍
« Last Edit: 19 May 2021, 08:32:59 pm by rorkylads1989 »