Date: 21-05-24  Time: 01:50 am

Author Topic: After Market Exhaust Fzs 1000  (Read 9396 times)

minivella

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
After Market Exhaust Fzs 1000
« on: 12 November 2013, 04:05:04 pm »
Hey, I am new around here, just bought my first 1000 which is the fzs in dark blue.

It is completely standard and I find her extremely quiet. I am after an aftermarket exhaust does anyone have any recommendations? My budget is around £200 and I am after something that doesn't require any fiddling with the carbs and is road legal!

There's a company called SP engineering and I quite like the look of their exhausts:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FZS1000-STAINLESS-DOMED-ROAD-LEGAL-EXHAUST-SP-ENGINEERING-00-06-/321225992863?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4aca8faa9f

If you could let me know your opinions or what you think of this sp lot that would great! Or any other recommendations in general!

Cheers,

Tom

keithfzs1000

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: After Market Exhaust Fzs 1000
« Reply #1 on: 12 November 2013, 05:20:46 pm »
simmi  and they customise it to your specs I got one made short stubby slash cut road legal  with link pipe130 quid just email them with the specs you want

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIMMI-STAINLESS-STEEL-EXHAUST-END-CAN-OVAL-Yamaha-FZS1000-Fazer-BS-APPROVED-/250948023168?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item3a6daaf380
"Dont confuse my personality with my attitude My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are..."

Captain Haddock

• Club Racer
  • Miserable Foccer.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XT600E & TDM850 Mk2
    • View Profile
    • Gone boating!
« Reply #2 on: 12 November 2013, 07:01:30 pm »
I was very pleased with the simmi jobbie, I went for a stainless oval at 375mm long and it looks good and sounds good (with baffle in), 400mm upwards gets you a BS mark on it too for same price, delivery was very quick too.
All fitted a treat, comes with link pipe to suit bike.
Save the planet...It's the only one with beer!

minivella

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 November 2013, 09:16:15 am »
Do you guys have any pictures of yours that i could possibly see??

cheers

keithfzs1000

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 November 2013, 09:37:00 am »
250mm long slash cut round this allows more of the back end to be on show  :D :D has the baffle for mot if needed but deffo not for everyday use
"Dont confuse my personality with my attitude My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are..."

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 November 2013, 10:03:03 am »
Beautiful bike Keith  :thumbup

seangee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 16 Tiger Sport, 21 1290 SAS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 November 2013, 10:15:03 am »
Hey, I am new around here, just bought my first 1000 which is the fzs in dark blue.

It is completely standard and I find her extremely quiet. I am after an aftermarket exhaust does anyone have any recommendations? My budget is around £200 and I am after something that doesn't require any fiddling with the carbs and is road legal!

There's a company called SP engineering and I quite like the look of their exhausts:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FZS1000-STAINLESS-DOMED-ROAD-LEGAL-EXHAUST-SP-ENGINEERING-00-06-/321225992863?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4aca8faa9f

If you could let me know your opinions or what you think of this sp lot that would great! Or any other recommendations in general!

Cheers,

Tom

I've got an SP can on my Trumpet. Really like it and the quality is great. Baffle out for daily use  :lol
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

minivella

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 November 2013, 10:21:07 am »
That is sex on wheels :eek !

I want that one! Aww man that looks good! And for £130!!

I am definitely gunna look into that! Are there any other mods you would recommend?

Camshaft

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 November 2013, 10:34:33 am »
""""Our cans do not require a power commander or remapping, [/size]After running on a dyno we have proven increase of mid range power of 4.5BHP![/color][/size]"""" on a FZS1000???[/color]

[/size]This does not sound credible. If they don't know a FZS1000 isn't able to user a Power Commander how can they claim the extra power??[/color]

[/size]Tell them to fuck off.[/color]
where does the muffler go?

Camshaft

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 November 2013, 10:39:39 am »
Great effort on the bike bike Keith, in my neck of the woods riding that I would need a CBR2000 to get away from the guys calling me a fag and wanting to put me in a display instead of letting me on the roads and possibly even chasing me with a double bladed axe  -  you all may tell me to fuck off, well at least I'm honest!!!

minivella

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 November 2013, 10:45:03 am »
That is very true i never noticed that before... may stick with the simmons that you guys have recommended!

Decisions, Decisions!! :\

seangee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 16 Tiger Sport, 21 1290 SAS
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 November 2013, 11:52:32 am »
""""Our cans do not require a power commander or remapping, After running on a dyno we have proven increase of mid range power of 4.5BHP!"""" on a FZS1000???

This does not sound credible. If they don't know a FZS1000 isn't able to user a Power Commander how can they claim the extra power??
Yes but they all say that. What they don't say is "Your bike would definitely benefit from a re-map". Good luck with that on a Gen1. But of course if the bike has been Ivanised you have already done all you need. And if it hasn't - well there is this bloke who lives in Spain ...
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

minivella

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 November 2013, 12:32:04 pm »
That's another thing I need to read more into that ivanising business! If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome also! I wanna get my bike at her best!

keithfzs1000

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 November 2013, 01:40:40 pm »
""""Our cans do not require a power commander or remapping, After running on a dyno we have proven increase of mid range power of 4.5BHP!"""" on a FZS1000???

This does not sound credible. If they don't know a FZS1000 isn't able to user a Power Commander how can they claim the extra power??

Tell them to fuck off.

generic message as they do other cans

keithfzs1000

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 November 2013, 01:48:51 pm »
Great effort on the bike bike Keith, in my neck of the woods riding that I would need a CBR2000 to get away from the guys calling me a fag and wanting to put me in a display instead of letting me on the roads and possibly even chasing me with a double bladed axe  -  you all may tell me to fuck off, well at least I'm honest!!!

but your neck of the woods is Australia and isnt that the gay capital of the world... just being honest  :eek that bike gets rode all over Englan Sotland and Wales and has received more compliments than criticism so dont be offended if I tell you I dont give a shit about other peoples opinions its my bike I like naked bikes and I like the fazer hence the combination of the two  :b :b :b

Captain Haddock

• Club Racer
  • Miserable Foccer.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XT600E & TDM850 Mk2
    • View Profile
    • Gone boating!
« Reply #15 on: 13 November 2013, 06:01:23 pm »
Ivanising and the simmi can is well worth doing, just put "ivans jet kit" into google and it will reveal all, makes a world of difference to the usable power and rideability, easy to do too.
Love the bike keithfzs1000!
Save the planet...It's the only one with beer!

Camshaft

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 14 November 2013, 08:56:08 am »

but your neck of the woods is Australia and isnt that the gay capital of the world... just being honest  :eek that bike gets rode all over Englan Sotland and Wales and has received more compliments than criticism so dont be offended if I tell you I dont give a shit about other peoples opinions its my bike I like naked bikes and I like the fazer hence the combination of the two  :b :b :b

Yes oz does have its gay area being Darlinghurst in Sydney.  Stay with me, yes there are open gays in some parts but not many, just in a few select areas where they don't fear being bashed. Very sad for them I'm glad I like woman as my life is easier for that. As for Sydney being the gay capital of the world I don't know one way or the other.
If you ever want let go of the forks I'd happily take them over my almost stocky FZS thou.
Great comeback by the way bet your bike could show mine up on the twisties  :lol [size=78%] and with the looks (unless I was wheeling past you[/size] :evil )[size=78%] [/size]

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 14 November 2013, 09:27:33 am »
That's another thing I need to read more into that ivanising business! If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome also! I wanna get my bike at her best!

Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll let you have all the information you need by return. :)

Mike