Date: 15-05-24  Time: 14:01 pm

Author Topic: Not raining but its too hot now  (Read 7853 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Not raining but its too hot now
« Reply #25 on: 21 July 2016, 10:38:03 pm »
Try this?

URL: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=381344459348&alt=web

I'm bought one about 6 weeks ago and use it through all sorts of weather, sun, yes we get some in Scotland :lol rain etc
A bargain at £80 delivered but wish I went for  a size larger although even with all the lignings it sits neat but that's the only criticism I have on it, great jacket in my opinion. ;)

That sounds good and its near enough or me to ride to

I was a very naughty boy on Tuesday, I have to confess I didn't wear all my gear  :o , I left my neck buff at home........  :D

I find a buff essential in this weather to stop bees and wasps hitting my neck and dropping down my front, angry. 
« Last Edit: 21 July 2016, 10:41:50 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

TOADY

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 22 July 2016, 03:49:00 pm »
Sat on a sun lounger in Turkey.  And it's too bloody hot. I've tried killing the heat with lager and it's not working.  I'm open to suggestions
my momma always says, stupid is as stupid does.
that's all i gotta say about that

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 22 July 2016, 09:00:23 pm »
Sat on a sun lounger in Turkey.  And it's too bloody hot. I've tried killing the heat with lager and it's not working.  I'm open to suggestions

Ive found that wearing a Crusader T-shirt at all times (especially out n about) worked wonders. Let us know how you get on

Something like this

Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 22 July 2016, 09:12:08 pm »
Im gonna take no advice from someone who thinks its a good idea to go to Turkey for a holiday.
The larger to cool off is the correct way its just the quantity that you are getting wrong 

TOADY

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 23 July 2016, 04:03:28 pm »
I'm in marmaris, no military presence and all is good. Seems like all was over exaggerated about the coup. Most people are saying all was back to normal by Sunday.
my momma always says, stupid is as stupid does.
that's all i gotta say about that

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 31 July 2016, 08:40:35 pm »
So went to bikers world today for the Midlands meet up (which I missed ) and tried on a few textiles Air mesh and stuff  but I found that once I had taken out the waterproof and thermal liner for summer use that the elbow protection would twist around my arm and I feel that in an off they would twist around out of position and all I would be left with is the textile. Tride amoungs others Richa Air Stream and RST pro series ventilator

But I did try on the body armer shirt that the moto x boys use and that fitted me ok and had loads of adjustments for a snug fit this one http://www.bikersworldstore.co.uk/brands/brand-fox/armour-fox/fox-mx16-titan-sport-long-sleeve-jacket.html but I dont want to wear the loose shirt over it but what would I put on top, maybe a cheap textile that has no armer but has vents but by the time I have brought two seperate items I could of brought this - Furygan speed mesh 3d http://www.bikersworldstore.co.uk/furygan-speed-mesh-3d-leather-jacket.html
 :wall

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #31 on: 01 August 2016, 06:51:19 pm »
Well you've probably got until next year to make a decision now... :(

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 02 August 2016, 11:03:10 pm »
I'd defo give that Furygan jacket a try.

My son wears his Arlen Ness "Titanium" one piece leathers in all weather - but the front leather is all perforated and he reckons it's not too bad even on our hottest days here. Mind you, for the amount they cost me, he'd better not wear anything else when I'm around.

Mostly in the warm weather I wear my "off road" armour, over a really light breathable tee shirt and under my Teknic textile jacket, which has had the waterproof liner, the quilted liner and all of the armour taken out. Despite this, the jacket has still kept me dry over the last 3 or 4 weeks when I've been caught in some pretty heavy downpours coming up from Salibury to the Midlands.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02 August 2016, 11:28:57 pm »
I'd defo give that Furygan jacket a try.

Mostly in the warm weather I wear my "off road" armour, over a really light breathable tee shirt and under my Teknic textile jacket, which has had the waterproof liner, the quilted liner and all of the armour taken out. Despite this, the jacket has still kept me dry over the last 3 or 4 weeks when I've been caught in some pretty heavy downpours coming up from Salibury to the Midlands.

Think the furygan may be a bit expensive at £269. That fox armer I tried on was actually a very good fit for me, so that and a textile over may work. The fox armer is over a mesh shirt thing but I find that a surfers rash vest very good under my leathers one with turtle neck.

One question on that off road armer is how would it stand up to a road crash at speed sliding along as opposed to bouncing off trees like it is made for.
Which model is your teknic jacket
« Last Edit: 02 August 2016, 11:31:47 pm by fazersharp »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 02 August 2016, 11:34:05 pm »
When it's hot like this, instead of my leather jacket I just wear my body armour over a t-shirt. Am out down the coast as I post this and am getting a lovely sea breeze through the mesh. Still wearing my leather trousers, boots and gloves but it certainly helps keeping your core temperature down.
Just reread your post - forgot you said it first.

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 02 August 2016, 11:40:42 pm »
Not sure which model any more, but it's the one I'm wearing in this pic below (the black "belt" is nothing to do with the jacket, is a "pillion pal" that my little niece was using). The armour I wear is in the pic below that (I think it's GP Pro stuff) - not tried crashing in it yet, but overall it seems far better than the original armour that any of our textile jackets have come with (including Alpine Stars, RST, Richa, Arlen Ness and Joe Rocket) and the mesh jacket certainly keeps it in the right places.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02 August 2016, 11:50:42 pm »
Thanks
As I will be doing as you and dumping the waterproof liner and thermal liner and armer I am looking for a textile that dosent come with them and so hopfuly cheaper but one that still comes with vents and mesh but more protection that a teeshirt over the body armer
« Last Edit: 02 August 2016, 11:51:18 pm by fazersharp »

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 03 August 2016, 12:02:40 am »
I've got a Fox textile that came without those (it's waterproof anyway), but I like having all the pockets that the Teknic has. The textile ones I've found that don't have all the removable linings are all pretty basic, with no inside pocket and generally no outside pockets either - I am an old fart, but I like to have somewhere handy for keys, phones, coins, spare ear plugs etc.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 03 August 2016, 12:08:38 am »
basic, with no inside pocket and generally no outside pockets either - I am an old fart, but I like to have somewhere handy for keys, phones, coins, spare ear plugs etc.
I am with you 100% on that one.
Do you fly out of bruntingthorpe in that copter of yours   

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 03 August 2016, 12:15:48 am »
See original image
Enough said.
« Last Edit: 03 August 2016, 12:16:50 am by lew600fazer »
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 03 August 2016, 12:37:24 am »
basic, with no inside pocket and generally no outside pockets either - I am an old fart, but I like to have somewhere handy for keys, phones, coins, spare ear plugs etc.

Nope, Leicester (near Oadby), not been out in a while as I've been in the USA quite a bit and now it's getting its annual inspection/service (cheaper to bloody service a Rolls Royce I'd guess!!) so it's just sitting in the heli hangar.

The airfield has a cafe in the club house open to the public and they welcome bike riders - there's usually a bit going on most days so it's interesting look out while having a cuppa (cafe is on the first floor, under the "control tower") - especially when student pilots are doing low level manoeuvre training in the choppers 😀.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 03 August 2016, 10:42:20 am »

Nope, Leicester (near Oadby), not been out in a while as I've been in the USA quite a bit and now it's getting its annual inspection/service (cheaper to bloody service a Rolls Royce I'd guess!!) so it's just sitting in the heli hangar.

The airfield has a cafe in the club house open to the public and they welcome bike riders - there's usually a bit going on most days so it's interesting look out while having a cuppa (cafe is on the first floor, under the "control tower") - especially when student pilots are doing low level manoeuvre training in the choppers 😀.
Stoughton then - about 20 mins away for me (with no traffic)