Date: 27-04-24  Time: 22:24 pm

Author Topic: New inlet rubber for the carburetors  (Read 11669 times)

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: New inlet rubber for the carburetors
« Reply #50 on: 23 April 2018, 10:42:05 am »

Got my Chinese inlet rubbers in less than 20 days, and I have changed them over the weekend. It took some skill tko get all four rubbers at the same time in the carb, but I did it. the engine is running, now I just have to drive it to see if the problem with decrease of rpm in quick throttle open is still happening.

Good to hear that they're of usable quality, I ordered a set at the weekend. Gives me enough time to overhaul the carbs before they arrive.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Roky

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 23 April 2018, 10:52:03 am »

Got my Chinese inlet rubbers in less than 20 days, and I have changed them over the weekend. It took some skill tko get all four rubbers at the same time in the carb, but I did it. the engine is running, now I just have to drive it to see if the problem with decrease of rpm in quick throttle open is still happening.

Good to hear that they're of usable quality, I ordered a set at the weekend. Gives me enough time to overhaul the carbs before they arrive.

Quality is ok, the only problem with mine was that the brass tubes are not shaped right, and they tend to much towards engine. But I is possible to point them to another direction :)

redmandan

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 23 April 2018, 03:14:32 pm »
After superglueing the brass post back in they're working great. As I rev the engine I can see them changing shape slightly as the pistons suck from the carbs so they must have great fitting.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 23 April 2018, 05:09:12 pm »
After superglueing the brass post back in they're working great. As I rev the engine I can see them changing shape slightly as the pistons suck from the carbs so they must have great fitting.

That's a good point, how did you blank off the vac ports- do they come supplied with blanking caps?
« Last Edit: 23 April 2018, 05:09:56 pm by celticdog »
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

redmandan

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 23 April 2018, 06:27:38 pm »

That's a good point, how did you blank off the vac ports- do they come supplied with blanking caps?

I just used the old ones that were on my original Yamaha rubbers. They're still in good nick.

I toyed with the idea of throwing away the little metal clips that hold them on as they are so bent now its almost impossible to open them.