Date: 18-05-24  Time: 03:10 am

Author Topic: Hyperpro  (Read 1124 times)

nsr500v4

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Hyperpro
« on: 01 October 2013, 09:56:54 pm »
any good? Either front kit or the rear spring to replace the standard stuff. Worth it?

Mattsplat

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSXR750RK
    • View Profile
Re: Hyperpro
« Reply #1 on: 02 October 2013, 02:40:05 pm »
Just bought the Streetbox kit and fitted their rear shock yesterday.

Rear shock is quality, not got around to fitting the front springs yet

seangee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 16 Tiger Sport, 21 1290 SAS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 October 2013, 02:50:50 pm »
any good? Either front kit or the rear spring to replace the standard stuff. Worth it?
Better than stock but not nearly as good as a half decent shock and makeover for your forks. Front end kit probably ok for most users. But there is a limit to how much you can improve a knackered budget shock by fitting a better spring. Tried the full kit on mine and ended up going with a Nitron at the back and properly weighted linear springs up front. If I had to do it again I would skip the intermediate step  :rolleyes
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 October 2013, 06:20:10 pm »
I have Hyperpro springs front and rear. (spring on standard shock)
A set of Ohlins it isn't, but for the price it is a good improvement over standard. My issue is that I am 17 stone and with all kit on and a full top box the weight goes up more.  :lol
On standard springs I had preload up full and it felt soft and bouncy. With the hyperpro I have preload front and rear about 2 from top and I find this firmer than standard. Fork springs also come with the recommended oil as well.
Some people give the fact they are progressive springs a bashing. I think people forget this is a sport touring bike so a bit of give is a good thing in my book. helps with the crappy UK roads.

Would I fit again? Yes I would.

Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen