Date: 17-05-24  Time: 23:09 pm

Author Topic: loss of power  (Read 1276 times)

alan09

• Brainless Foccer
    Foccin' Grumpy
  • Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
loss of power
« on: 23 July 2012, 09:39:45 pm »
its only happened twice but in the last week ive had a loss of power both times it was in 4th or 5th gear while givin it abit of a handfull. when i say loss of power i mean a split second loss, in the blink of an eye the power goes & comes back, it happens so quickly i dont even get chance to back the throttle off. but i can physically feel the front of the bike dive at the front, apart from that the bike runs sweet as a nut, starts first every time.its 51 gen 1, done 26k miles & ivanised by mike in 2010.

AdieR

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Re: loss of power
« Reply #1 on: 24 July 2012, 02:38:14 am »
Any particular pattern (hot / cold / particular rpm)? Any recent work / service history?
First thing I would do is check the plugs - their state will give some insight.

Rustyz nutzz

• CBT Wobbler
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - R1 - modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 July 2012, 02:45:38 am »
Too rich at a guess , but need more info  :D
If it's got more than 2 wheels it's a car!

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 July 2012, 04:44:26 am »
Need more info on revs/throttle position, Alan.

When was it last serviced?  EXUP?  Done anything else to it recently?  Changed anything?

alan09

• Brainless Foccer
    Foccin' Grumpy
  • Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 July 2012, 08:14:32 pm »
thanks for the replys they're much appreciated, i think the power loss occured in 4th gear around 7k- 8k rpm so today i took it to 9k rpm in 4th gear without any problems at all "smooth as ever" :D so the problem whatever it is is intermittent. i service the ex-up twice a year, only did it last week, it was free & easy just as it should be. As for the the plugs :o , i bought an AIS kit off justy & was going to replace plugs when i removed the AIS, just haven't got round to it yet, so ive had the bike 3 years come november so god knows how long those plugs have been in. i hope the above will help, obviously i need to get the plugs replaced, i'm off work for a couple of weeks i'll put it top of my "to do" list.......thanks Alan.