Date: 27-04-24  Time: 16:20 pm

Author Topic: touring luggage  (Read 1001 times)

Steve1rc

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
touring luggage
« on: 07 February 2013, 02:19:30 pm »
This Easter I'm going to be supporting a mate in a race, which involves carrying a fair amount of stuff around! I already have panniers, with what I believe to be the sw motech rack, but I am looking at getting a tank bag, or top box, or both!
I'm not overly knowledgeable on it, but have been led to believe it can be hard to find the right ones. I've looked at shops, but can't really make sense of what they say.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions about what to look for, or any specific ones!

I'm also touring Europe in summer, so looking for a decent size!

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
Re: touring luggage
« Reply #1 on: 07 February 2013, 02:55:27 pm »
Take a look at Givi on their website below. You can enter your motocycle and it will give the rack that you need plus a suggested top box. I have the biggest one they have...the Maxima.
http://www.givi.co.uk/

Steve1rc

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 February 2013, 07:10:55 pm »
Thanks, I hadn't noticed that! The one thing I'm not sure about is whether it's compatible with my pannier rack though, seems to use the same bolts. Unless I modify it slightly

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 February 2013, 07:57:42 pm »
I bought NonFango years ago instead of Givi because the panniers at full width was a little be less than the width of the mirrors, If the mirrors got through the panniers got through. The tank bag is an extendable Cargo model
Picture shows Fazer fully laden just after returning from Southern France.
Not sure if NonFango are still around but I did get some spares from the company a few months ago