Date: 27-04-24  Time: 10:31 am

Author Topic: CAUTION!!!!  (Read 2596 times)

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
CAUTION!!!!
« on: 06 March 2016, 10:54:24 am »
Caught this on the iplayer...

Licence to Kill: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01s50lw via @bbciplayer
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: CAUTION!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 06 March 2016, 06:15:29 pm »
I'll give this one a watch later Exupnut. Often wondered about new drivers or riders having a probation period, didn't there used to be a green P they had to display on the car at one time?   :think
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 March 2016, 07:15:13 pm »
The green P was a voluntary thing in the belief that other drivers would respect newly qualified drivers and give them space and time. In reality it has a negative effect as other drivers pull out in front of them etc etc. My DD's instructor suggested against using them!

pete786.u

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 March 2016, 07:21:12 pm »
I think the P plate is voluntary in this country unlike France where they are compulsory and new drivers are restrited to about 90kph, also they are not allowed to drive at night.

I think it would be a good idea to restrict the horsepower/ maximum speed of new drivers for about a year so daddy cant go out and buy their little angel a top of the range car capable of doing silly speeds but that of course would infringe their human rights.   :deal

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 March 2016, 09:48:27 am »
I think the P plate is voluntary in this country unlike France where they are compulsory and new drivers are restrited to about 90kph, also they are not allowed to drive at night.

I think it would be a good idea to restrict the horsepower/ maximum speed of new drivers for about a year so daddy cant go out and buy their little angel a top of the range car capable of doing silly speeds but that of course would infringe their human rights.   :deal

you don't need a top of the range motor to kill someone, an old rust bucket doing the wrong speed at the wrong time is just as deadly
fire never sleeps

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #5 on: 07 March 2016, 11:37:28 am »

"Infringe their human rights"? Really? Got anything to back that up with (apart from the Daily Fail, maybe)?

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 March 2016, 03:24:42 pm »
I watched this on the BBC i-player. Thought provoking & felt sorry for the lass who lost the use of her legs. Dont know how you can make new(young) drivers safety conscious(exuberance/excitement of youth etc). Think it would be sensible to restrict newly qualified car drivers to a certain BHP limit.
Dont believe P or L plates warrant any consideration from other road users-other than to make them want to get past at all costs. When I rode a friends 125cc with L-plates I was horrified at the attitude of other drivers even when I was making legal progress.

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 March 2016, 04:48:53 pm »
I watched this on the BBC i-player. Thought provoking & felt sorry for the lass who lost the use of her legs. Dont know how you can make new(young) drivers safety conscious(exuberance/excitement of youth etc). Think it would be sensible to restrict newly qualified car drivers to a certain BHP limit.
Dont believe P or L plates warrant any consideration from other road users-other than to make them want to get past at all costs. When I rode a friends 125cc with L-plates I was horrified at the attitude of other drivers even when I was making legal progress.
As dangerous as it is, when I see some ignorant knob up a small L plated bikes arse I generally overtake the car then safely ie slowdown slowly until the car is at a safe distance, then turn in my seat and call them a fucking cunt!
Some say...

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 March 2016, 11:37:05 pm »

As dangerous as it is, when I see some ignorant knob up a small L plated bikes arse I generally overtake the car then safely ie slowdown slowly until the car is at a safe distance, then turn in my seat and call them a fucking cunt!
[/quote]

;) top man, Punk
fire never sleeps