Date: 28-04-24  Time: 16:55 pm

Author Topic: headlights.... leds,halogens,hids,projectors etc ect  (Read 21816 times)

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: headlights.... leds,halogens,hids,projectors etc ect
« Reply #75 on: 07 December 2015, 11:01:15 am »
I've got two spare H7 HID bulbs lying about, so I'm guessing that they'd work in the same way as the H1's you've put in Paul, where are you getting the wiring harness to operate the flap as the link you put in earlier doesn't do them.
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

Paulfzs

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - vtr 1000
    • View Profile

7omly

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 07 December 2015, 08:46:08 pm »
With regards to voltage drop from the battery to the lamps the distance on a bike shouldn't affect it but the guage of wiring will. Years ago I had a VW Golf mk2 which had abysmal wiring which gave 10.8v dip and 11.3 on main with the engine running. Two hours later fitted with a custom wiring harness containing a separate relay for dip and main the readings were a revelation as was the amount of light available. Engine running 13.1v dip, 13.4 main. Obviously you're unlikely to get those voltages on a bike but you'll get an improvement.
I simply bought two sets of HID. The cheap Chinese ones everyone saod not to get. They're for a car so I have a spare full set of both H4 and H1 bulbs and ballast. The slim ballasts just fit inside the fairing on top of the headlamps. I had to use self-amalgamating tape to the headlamp plug fittings. They are only 35w bulbs but the light output must be 10 times better. My only gripe is that main beam isn't much better than dip but at least I can now see well enough to ride at legal road speeds. I maytry a different manufacture bulb to see if I can better the maain beam but if I can't I'm still happy at the improvement which cost less than £30 and I've still got a spare set to allay any fears of poor chinese manufacture.
Never underestimate the ingenuity of an idiot!

kgjersda

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 05 May 2017, 06:35:41 pm »
I remember a post but I cannot find it regarding the voltage for the headlight. This person did a mod and upped his voltage to the headlamp and got better light.
I measured mine today and it was maximum 11.5volts on the bright beam while active, while the bike was charging a good 14-14.3 volts.

The reasoning is that the gauge of the wires/contacts in the button cluster is too thin to properly power the lamp.
Has anyone in here done this mod? And how would I go about performing this mod?

kgjersda

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 05 May 2017, 07:04:13 pm »
Just measured my car as well, 13-14volts no problems at the light...

kgjersda

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile