Date: 30-04-24  Time: 21:19 pm

Author Topic: Hi from Southampton  (Read 1587 times)

Gav

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Hi from Southampton
« on: 21 September 2013, 10:30:44 am »
Hi there.  Have joined now I've got a Fazer 600 to say ello and grab some tips and advice. 
I picked up a yr 2000 Fazer a couple of weeks back for 800 notes.. here's a pic

All good and has MOT and tax but it needs some work on the rear suspension.   I've got it all appart and replaced the wheel bearings and now the swing arm is off.
The roller bearings in the swingarm were shot! Lots of play. So have ordered that no probs.

But I am stuck trying to find where I can buy a roller bearing that presses into the silver coloured cast suspension linkage.  You know the silver linkage lump that has the dog bones comming off of it. There is also play in that too.   its just the roller bearing in the fat end that needs replacing. 

Can any kind soul point me in the right direction of where I can find this bearing?

Thanks a lot
Gav

Ok back to the gunk can + ripped up bed sheets and cleaning 13yrs of grud off this fine machine :P
« Last Edit: 22 September 2013, 08:57:05 pm by Gav »
This week I've been mostly tinkering in the garage

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from Southampton
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2013, 10:35:05 am »
welcome!...looks like a bargain to me matey? ;) try wemoto for your bearings?
« Last Edit: 21 September 2013, 10:49:47 am by CRH »

Gav

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 September 2013, 11:10:10 am »
Cheers.  I did look at wemoto last night but didn't find it.  Will double check or send them an email request.

Yes I was happy for the price I got it for.  It's got 40,000 miles on it but runs great. Also I'm not scared to replace rings reset valves or whatever later on, so milage not a problem.  Just happy to be on 2 wheels again. Felt great on the 2 goes I've had around town on it before I stripped the back end.  My 11yr old son is itching for me to put the back wheel back on for a ride out lol.  I said to him; well think how I feel too, not being able to ride it at the mo  lol.

Gav

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 September 2013, 11:29:39 am »
The bearing required are special sealed needle roller type and the Yamaha Part number is 93317-41761.
Go to this site http://shop.marksman-ind.com/ look them up as BHKM1730JU the dimensions are 17x24x30 SEALED, they are about a £12 each
When I changed my bearings a few years ago they supplied all all the bearing, but I had to buy the OEM collars as they were not doing the collars then. .
Great company to deal with and very helpful.

Gav

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 September 2013, 03:36:18 pm »
That's awsome matey.  Thanks a lot!   Now to find the number for the collar insert dobrey wotsit that goes inside the roller bearing.
Thanks again!
Gav