Date: 30-04-24  Time: 13:44 pm

Author Topic: Getting rid of original Gen 1 Fazer 1000 downpipes  (Read 1265 times)

Fazer Jim

• Cager in Training
  • Carbs rule!!!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW K100 RT
    • View Profile
Getting rid of original Gen 1 Fazer 1000 downpipes
« on: 28 April 2015, 07:37:58 pm »
I'm thinking of getting rid of my standard headers/collector and replacing them with a set of stainless ones from Sandy Bike Spares. £250 complete. The noise from my Exup valve is becoming unbearable. It's been serviced and is noisy only due to mileage and age. The original set are also needing regular touch up's with high temperature paint at the collector to keep them looking nice which is a shame coz the downpipes themselves still look fresh. Anyone used these headers from Sandy Bike Spares? I know I'd be junking the whole Exup system but I'm sure the Guru who skimmed my head and did a little porting work for me can help again with a bit of a carb tickle to sort things out.

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
Re: Getting rid of original Gen 1 Fazer 1000 downpipes
« Reply #1 on: 29 April 2015, 08:38:50 am »
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 April 2015, 03:50:05 pm »
You'll lose all that Fazer useability if you remove the exup, it'll be a bit flat at the bottom end.

Just get a new exup valve or bushes, that should sort it.
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 April 2015, 04:14:50 pm »
This is the second time you have posted this ya fud!!!!!!, Falcon the fazer god of all things fazerish has answered you and advised to avoid......but you crack on son and post a third time if your not getting the advice that suits you.