Date: 20-04-24  Time: 02:04 am

Author Topic: clutch feels wrong  (Read 4177 times)

breamcatcher

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda600hornet yamaha rd 125
    • View Profile
clutch feels wrong
« on: 24 January 2012, 07:14:26 pm »
hi, to everyone changed oil and filtrer went for a spin sunday not made any difference :'( have noticed if i put it on main stand  put it in 1st let clutch out rear wheel starts to spin but the weird thing is pull the clutch in and the rear wheel continues to spin and i can't stop it no matter how much preasure i put on it until i drop the bike off the stand can anyone help. cheers breamcatcher

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
Re: clutch feels wrong
« Reply #1 on: 24 January 2012, 08:19:07 pm »
I'm getting this feeling of deja vue here.  You've already started the same thread previously and we've given you many suggestions, not just change the oil.

For instance, have you checked the clutch cable adjustment, the gearbox mainshaft end plug, the clutch basket and the clutch plates themselves?

You'll get little by way of new ideas by starting a new thread, I'm afraid.  You may not like the suggestions you've been given but I fear you'll have to work your way through the possibilities first.

breamcatcher

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 January 2012, 09:16:51 pm »
hi Falcon, as i appreciate your comments, and taken them on board  in the last thread i explained the cable was checked and the chain and were found to be correct, i havent had this bike long and its my first proper bike and the problem that ive got now ( back wheel spinning in gear when clutch is pulled in) wasn't there till after my last trip out so things are getting worse allready had two mechanics out scratching there heads worried if it is this plug or the clutch plates maybe someone can recommend where i should take it and not cost me a fortune.     cheers breamcatcher

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 January 2012, 10:58:48 pm »
were you at bud location
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 January 2012, 11:19:12 pm »
Personally I wouldn't worry about or pay to much attention to what it dose like that on the stand.
Mine for instance will with a freshly cleaned and lubed chain spin the rear wheel on the centre stand in nautral with engine on tick over. Can stop it with hand, then let go and will slowly start to spin again.

How dose it ride? Clutch slipping, binding, stiff etc
As above allways helps to keep it on the one thread so ppl can easy look back and see what's been tried.
Also offten if others are nearby they are more than happy to pop over and either look at or ride etc to compaire.

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 January 2012, 08:45:41 am »
Without looking back to the previous thread, I can't recall year/mileage/condition of your bike.  Nor can I remember where you live to recommend a good mechanic.  You get my point? ;) :)

Like Ghostbiker says, the rear wheel will spin in neutral on the centrestand as a result of oil drag in the clutch housing and gearbox.  Hand or foot on the rear tyre should stop it ... what does yours do?

Bike in gear, clutch lever pulled in (ie, clutch disengaged) you should be able to stop the rear wheel rotation with the rear brake.  Can you do this?

If it stops on the brake but spins up rapidly again soon as you take your foot off, the clutch is dragging.

Since your mechanics have correctly adjusted the clutch cable and are certain that the operating lever is working correctly (they are certain, yes?) then the problem has to lie inside the clutch housing.  It could be warped plates, damaged/swollen friction plate inserts, notched clutch basket grooves, the mainshaft end plug previously mentioned or something else. 

There's no way of knowing without paying a mechanic for a couple of hours labour to investigate. 

Mike

PS.  Devilsyam wants to know where you go fishing, that's all ... he hasn't had a bite in months  :lol

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 January 2012, 09:03:28 am »
PS.  Devilsyam wants to know where you go fishing, that's all ... he hasn't had a bite in months

:eek bitch slapped
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

breamcatcher

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25 January 2012, 07:18:42 pm »
hi,  i see where your coming from about me using old thread you live and learn, tried the bike tonight on main stand got it warm selected 1st gear let clutch out wheel turning pulled clutch in, wheel still turning couldn't stop wheel with my boot applying a lot of preasure, applied back brake wheel stopped and never started to rotate again repeated this exercise did the same every time WEIRD cheers breamcatcher

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 January 2012, 12:13:41 pm »
This is just me, but personally I would just ignore that. Sounds like it won't be causing any problems while under normal use. As I say that's just me though.

breamcatcher

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 January 2012, 08:09:59 pm »
your probably right, big jump from a 30yr old honda 125t  to a fzs1000 maybe just leave things to develope. cheers breamcatcher