Date: 20-05-24  Time: 17:52 pm

Author Topic: New to Fazers  (Read 1076 times)

andyp79

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Ducati 848 Evo Corse
    • View Profile
    • Motorcycle Diary
New to Fazers
« on: 22 December 2013, 08:26:01 am »
Hi everyone. Just a quick post to introduce myself to what looks like a very useful site!

I have only just started out on Fazer ownership but have had bikes since passing my test in 1999. I was offered the chance of a good condition 2000 model from a mate at work and within about 3 days, I had the bike home in the garage...

It's currently off the road, but only as the previous owner has had it sitting for a couple of years and let all the paperwork lapse. It needs a wee tidy up (but not much at all), MoT'd and taxed and we should be good to go with a wee fun winter / commuting bike. Everything seems in good order with the bike, no bodywork issues and the rest of it including the fasteners are all in much better condition than I had expected. It's not the best colour being the gold and black, but it's growing on me already!

I've stuck a new battery in and it's running fine, it needs a wee overhaul of the rear brake and for some reason it's sporting a Euro spec headlight so I'm on the lookout for a UK spec one to get it ready for the MoT. Other than that, I'm looking forward to taking it out for a good run!

Cheers.

Andy

Ianboydsnr

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: New to Fazers
« Reply #1 on: 22 December 2013, 07:22:13 pm »
Welcome,

Gold and black is one of the better colours, is it a fzs600s, or a fzs600?

andyp79

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Ducati 848 Evo Corse
    • View Profile
    • Motorcycle Diary
« Reply #2 on: 22 December 2013, 08:17:24 pm »
I think it's an S but I'm not sure to be honest.

Reading the info in the carb'd Fazer section I think it's an S...

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 December 2013, 03:30:32 pm »
Hi andy,....I might be wrong.....but if you have adjustable forks its as s.....in less someone knows different...welcome to the site  :)
One, is never going to be enough.....

andyp79

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Ducati 848 Evo Corse
    • View Profile
    • Motorcycle Diary
« Reply #4 on: 26 December 2013, 07:44:06 pm »
Hi, yeah that's the one then. Definitely got adjustment on the forks which made me think it was an S too.

It seems to be in cracking nick so I'm pretty chuffed with it. I got it for an absolute bargain too so it's looking like it was a good buy. Have sourced a headlight which was a fair whack but that's the last thing to get it ready for the MoT so hopefully I can get that sorted by mid January.

:)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 December 2013, 12:39:53 pm »
Sounds like a goodun......quite a few groups on here if you fancy a ride out....where you based ?
One, is never going to be enough.....

andyp79

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Ducati 848 Evo Corse
    • View Profile
    • Motorcycle Diary
« Reply #6 on: 27 December 2013, 02:47:44 pm »
Based in Aberdeen area during the week but live in the Central Belt. Likely the Fazer will stay up the road for commuting but I might use it for running up and down too.

Really looking forward to getting it on the road. :)