Date: 01-05-24  Time: 04:26 am

Author Topic: Metzeler Roadtec Z8  (Read 1497 times)

Webby62

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Metzeler Roadtec Z8
« on: 17 May 2012, 11:05:18 am »
Anyone tried  the Metzeler Roadtec Z8's on a Fazer Gen 1 yet.
Read some good reviews.
Thought I might try them as my 023's are now shot.

Flip

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Metzeler Roadtec Z8
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2012, 10:56:22 am »
Did you get these in the end?  I'd be interested to see how you feel they compare - I've always loved the Bridgestone 02x series, and was looking at getting a pair for my missus' 600 Foccer which is in need of new rubber.  However, if these Metzers are a better choice??

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Metzeler Roadtec Z8
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2012, 09:08:03 pm »
I did post the same question! as I've just had a set £217 delivered brought em off evilbay, I'm off to germany for a week so I'll see what there like against the pilot powers and the dunlop sportsmarts I've been using.

Webby62

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 September 2012, 10:48:44 pm »
Got them fitted in July. Only got them because MCN rated their wet weather grip. The roads on the Isle of Wight are shocking and when it rains it's like riding on glass. Wish I hadn't bothered. Went to France in August and the tyres couldn't cope with the heat. It was like riding with two punctures. Not overly happy in the rain either. Had a couple of unerving slides which I never had with the BT023's. The front tends to wander on over banding etc. Running at recommended 36/42 psi. All in all s--t. Going back to 023's as soon as.

SEPTIKANGEL

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - GL1800 &amp Commando850
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 September 2012, 12:05:16 am »
Good info Webby, can't always believe them journos eh? Nice shout, I'll be ordering my 23s soon. Thanks.
IF IT AIN'T BROKE, FIX IT 'TILL IT IS.

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 September 2012, 12:49:13 am »
i did germany in june and the french alps 2 weeks ago and one day in the alps it was 31 deg the following was 3 deg with snow on the cols and these tyres performed ok, they dont like over banding but than again ive had other tyres that dont as well ie pilot rds, id say ive done roughly 4k and there is no real wear sign and no squaring off from motorway runs to and fro home and ferry's infact the rear has a nice even wear from shoulder-shoulder, so i recon there is loads of miles left in them at least 8k + and this is the first ive had one set of tyres do 2 trips as its usaully 1 set 1 trip, now only thing i dont like about em is the feedback its not as good as other tyres im used to ie dunlop sportsmart(these are like glue and good wet weather as well).
So they get thumbs up from me however i did run mine at 34f/36r and a tyre rep on the trip with us said i should run 36/42 !!

SEPTIKANGEL

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - GL1800 &amp Commando850
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 September 2012, 11:03:11 am »
Flippin' 'eck Cabletie  :rolleyes  I thought I'd made my mind up!  :\
IF IT AIN'T BROKE, FIX IT 'TILL IT IS.

MadDogMcQ

• Club Racer
  • Horwich, Bolton, NW UK.
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - CB250N
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: 28 September 2012, 12:00:00 pm »
In the past I've had BT022's, BT023's, RP2's and one set of RP3's.  Now I have Z8's on my Fazer and I love 'em!  So confidence inspiring in the rain and to me, that's when it matters the most, cos most modern tyres outperform the rider in the dry anyway. I'm hoping for great longevity too.
QUENTIN TARANTINO - HALLOWED BE THY NAME!