Date: 30-04-24  Time: 18:25 pm

Author Topic: STP Complete Fuel System Cleaner  (Read 8627 times)

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: STP Complete Fuel System Cleaner
« Reply #50 on: 08 February 2017, 05:48:29 am »
Got me a clogged pilot jet at the moment. I'm gonna get a bottle and give it a go,what's 7. 50 in the grand scheme of things.  I'll report back when I have some findings

And it worked a treat,I'll definitely purchase  and use it again if  the  need arises

Good to hear  :thumbup
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 08 February 2017, 08:22:08 am »
I use Redex when getting the bike back on the road after winter. The bike has usually been sat out in the elements for 3 months, with the carbs full of old fuel, which I'm sure must evaporate, plus whatever condensation there is about, at least there is loads of water sat around the top of the engine. It always runs lumpy.

Redex seems to make it run crisper.. well on all 4 cylinders at least, it also seems to burn the engine hotter. When you talk about before and after photo's, if you've ever taken your head off after using a fuel additive you'll see the piston, spark plugs and valve heads all have a dry red tarnish on them. All bare metal with no black deposits, I would assume the valve seats look the same also.

Fuel additives definitely do something!

I remember a few years ago having an old car MOT'd. The garaged failed, then passed the car on emissions. When I asked him how he got it to pass he said he had just put a bottle of fuel additive through it.

Anyway, each to their own. Some people on here need to calm down a bit.... you'll be back later asking for some help, advice, with a problem or wanting to borrow a tool. Then your tone will change!...
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 08 February 2017, 09:08:14 pm »
Got me a clogged pilot jet at the moment. I'm gonna get a bottle and give it a go,what's 7. 50 in the grand scheme of things.  I'll report back when I have some findings

And it worked a treat,I'll definitely purchase  and use it again if  the  need arises

Good to hear  :thumbup

Not our imagination about this working then Darrsi - appears we are right  :lol
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.