Date: 28-04-24  Time: 01:53 am

Author Topic: Trip meter reset auto when reverse come on = what a pain!"  (Read 1845 times)

Camshaft

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Trip meter reset auto when reverse come on = what a pain!"
« on: 09 December 2013, 10:48:31 am »
I hired a 2013 with 2000kms on it recently in Thailand, when the reserve light came on the trip meter was automatically set back to zero - they make R1's but treat the FZ8 rider like a pussy! we can all see when a reserve light comes on then we can choose to do a manual reset!!!-----  great bike , mine was so softly sprung should have done the preload and other settings to firm her up a bit, awesome brakes though!!!!
To be honest I was expecting a bit more grunt, especially in the mid range, perhaps some power commander or the like would be in need.
From a Gen 1 Thou old heavy beast rider.
where does the muffler go?

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Trip meter reset auto when reverse come on = what a pain!"
« Reply #1 on: 09 December 2013, 11:05:10 am »
I'd find that a useful feature if it was intelligent enough not to repeatedly reset as the fuel shifts when going up and down hills. Many's the time I've glanced at the instruments and thought "When did that come on?"... 15 minutes at motorway speeds would mean half the reserve has gone. :eek

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 December 2013, 01:28:00 pm »
The 'fuel' trip meter kicks in when there is 4 (or is it 3?) litres 'reserve' left in the tank. If you press the select button you can go to the trip-1 trip-2 trips meters as usual. If you leave the display on the fuel trip, it disappears shortly after you've filled the tank up.
Thats what mine does anyway.
They are a bit softly sprung as standard. Way too soft for 2 up riding.

Ianboydsnr

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 December 2013, 08:19:47 pm »
Yep the Fz6 is the same, it counts how many miles you've been on reserve, which is handy to know, doesn't reset the trip, that's back once you fill up.