Date: 29-03-24  Time: 04:56 am

Author Topic: datatool alarm removal  (Read 1423 times)

Flooky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
datatool alarm removal
« on: 11 September 2017, 01:29:42 pm »
Any body done it ? When I bought the bike it had been disabled (dunno how ) not had any problems with it but would like it gone and loom back to normal.
Maybe I should leave well alone.

icky

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: datatool alarm removal
« Reply #1 on: 11 September 2017, 03:03:54 pm »
I only removed mine last week, very straight forward really, just trace the wires from the alarm and into the bikes wiring loom, then remove the
black wires from the loom. there will be two wires in the loom you will need to reconnect, these are what creates the immobilising side of the alarm.
The other wires are for the indicators and are only attached to the side of the loom wires, these I just cut the black wires off with out cutting the loom
and them tapped over. Then just re tape the loom back making sure the bike starts first.  :)

Flooky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 September 2017, 04:27:43 pm »
Cheers, what about starter motor wire etc ? is it just one wire that imobilises?

Flooky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 September 2017, 05:37:07 pm »
Seem to have 7 black wires going into loom, one going to seat switch one going to battery and one going to led light.
ten in all,
I just put the seat back on and came in for a beer, cos I am a scaredy cat.
Its running fine, had it 2 plus years and done 5000 miles, wonder if I just opening a can of worms ( if it aint broke etc etc )

icky

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 September 2017, 06:30:01 pm »
Cheers, what about starter motor wire etc ? is it just one wire that imobilises?
It depends how good the alarm fitter was, there is usually two, one for the ignition side and one for the fuel pump. If you're not confident it
is probably best left alone especially if there are no issues at the moment. I had no choice with mine, I would disarm the alarm and hit the starter
but nothing would happen until I rattled the alarm box!

Flooky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 September 2017, 06:50:16 pm »
yeah I think I will think about it and do it when I need a project, just cant see how the fella disabled it originally.
Its a neat job ( the fitting ) but how would someone disable it ?
any way cheers, I will bugger it up another day when the weather has really gone away for good.

Rob

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - R1 5JJ Harley lowrider 1450
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 September 2017, 06:18:42 am »
they open up the connector blocks and put wire between certain holes. I lost my fob key on a thunderace many years ago took rac man about ten minutes talking on his phone as he by passed it using two bits of fuse wire it was lit up like a christmas tree doing the process, i had the ignition key and just started straight away