Date: 22-05-24  Time: 13:52 pm

Author Topic: bedroom tax/  (Read 7127 times)

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: bedroom tax/
« Reply #25 on: 19 June 2015, 08:50:50 am »
well put slim, a lot of people walk around with there head up there arse, and before long that's prob where it will end up, things have got to change,.
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 June 2015, 08:52:48 am »
Midden, want me to organise a LOFO's day out to speakers' corner?  It's different, I'll give you that.  We could borrow Christo's towbar to tow the BIG soapbox for people to climb on  :b
I believe the box is already supplied double H.
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19 June 2015, 10:38:47 pm »
These are a real real threat to you and your family.. and it would seem,,some of you still wonder why us normal,,ummm well so so,are a bit anti muslim,,these cut of head and hands,throw off buildings going on in Syria and other places culprits are fromENGLAND,, do you realise that,,also they expect to come bame home after ,,yes come back here,
Yes and there are plenty of British Muslims (the majority) who want nothing to do with this. Who are quite happy to integrate with society (whislt following their religion) and who abhor what is happening. But it's easier to pretend otherwise and label them all the same.
There are white male fanatics who murder churchgoers in USA or youth camps in Norway, but although a white male myself, I want nothing to do with them and don't wish to be labeled the same.
On a technicality, the 'bedroom tax' or to give it the proper title the under occupancy charge, is only applicable to claimants of housing benefit, where an amount is deducted from that benefit. Where has it been said that these families are claiming that benefit ?

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19 June 2015, 10:54:06 pm »
During WW2 people were wary of anyone with a germanish accent
When the IRA were blowing people up I'm sure the Northern Irish accent got people worrying
And now, "Muslims" are threatening our safety so unfortunatly some people tar them all with the same brush.

The truth is, the Muslim faith is a very peaceful faith, the people of IS or Taleban etc are not true muslims and no one should take this likely.  sadly there will be plans being made right now for a very serious attack on our freedom, we have to trust our secret service, the police and others to stop them.

One TV program that really got me thinking was Spooks.  There was one about "muslim" sleepers.  For years they had been turning on a radio in their house every morning before going to work and it was the same message.  Then, one day, this normal looking chap  heard a different message, he got on the train at Faversham, a normal town, 1 stop down the line from where I live and headed to London to carry out the task he'd been briefed about many years previous.  NOW, I know Spooks is fiction but it must be based around quite a bit of truth and this brought it home to me just how close these nutters could be to us.

We can't let them beat us by stoping us from living our lives and being scared to go out, but likewise we can't be complacent that they aren't there and they aren't planning something big that will shock the world, all in the name of "religion"  :o
« Last Edit: 19 June 2015, 10:56:20 pm by HarryHornby »
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 20 June 2015, 08:51:07 am »
During WW2 people were wary of anyone with a germanish accent
When the IRA were blowing people up I'm sure the Northern Irish accent got people worrying
And now, "Muslims" are threatening our safety so unfortunatly some people tar them all with the same brush.

The truth is, the Muslim faith is a very peaceful faith, the people of IS or Taleban etc are not true muslims and no one should take this likely.  sadly there will be plans being made right now for a very serious attack on our freedom, we have to trust our secret service, the police and others to stop them.

One TV program that really got me thinking was Spooks.  There was one about "muslim" sleepers.  For years they had been turning on a radio in their house every morning before going to work and it was the same message.  Then, one day, this normal looking chap  heard a different message, he got on the train at Faversham, a normal town, 1 stop down the line from where I live and headed to London to carry out the task he'd been briefed about many years previous.  NOW, I know Spooks is fiction but it must be based around quite a bit of truth and this brought it home to me just how close these nutters could be to us.

We can't let them beat us by stoping us from living our lives and being scared to go out, but likewise we can't be complacent that they aren't there and they aren't planning something big that will shock the world, all in the name of "religion"  :o

Spooks was a great series, it kind of opened your eyes up as to what could or might happen behind the scenes without us really knowing too much about anything.
There's been a film version recently, but also a new film with Pierce Brosnan called "Survivor" which is along the same lines and is well worth seeing.
Although i personally have lost a bit of faith in our policing system due to my own circumstances, i do still fully appreciate that a lot of their time is taken up by them keeping us safe, and bearing in mind a lot of the population want to live with us, whilst still not actually liking us, then i have to take it that they're otherwise busy in a positive way.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Razgruff

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R XS750
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 20 June 2015, 10:11:13 pm »
Oh it was a Muslim joke  :eek
I read it has a black joke about the callousness of the DWP and their Tory masters.
Maybe I've been reading too much about people having housing benefit removed after the death of anrelative.
Every death saves the tax payer you know :D

DekF

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Fast as fck s1r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 20 June 2015, 10:56:46 pm »
Sorry taylor, uncalled for personal abuse towards yourself, no excuse on my part   :o

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 21 June 2015, 03:40:27 pm »
just don't forget freedom of speech for everyone

Freedom of speech comes with responsibilities.  Don't be surprised when you are held to account for what you say.

The police and whoever state there are numerous groups of Muslim fanatics scattered around this country plotting to kill US,,yes set off bombs on buses etc,,,

Have you seen the mess we made of Iraq? 

So whom are the real fanatics? 
« Last Edit: 21 June 2015, 06:40:36 pm by VNA »