Date: 27-04-24  Time: 17:51 pm

Author Topic: WANTED - 2005 Thou Ignition Barrel  (Read 273 times)

old son

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZX10R
    • View Profile
WANTED - 2005 Thou Ignition Barrel
« on: 13 March 2024, 05:07:58 pm »
My key is finding it harder and harder to switch on my ignition. I have tried lubrication with a drop of chain lube but its not made much difference. The key works fine in the fuel cap and seat lock. I think it is just worn out, the bike has done 119k miles.

Does anybody have a spare they are willing to sell? I accept keys wont match but that is not the end of the world, I'd sooner have a reliable bike.

Many thanks

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED - 2005 Thou Ignition Barrel
« Reply #1 on: 17 March 2024, 11:12:25 am »
As this question has come up a lot, look for either a used or new 3rd party complete lockset on Ebay -

« Last Edit: 17 March 2024, 11:14:50 am by b1k3rdude »

old son

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZX10R
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 March 2024, 12:27:51 pm »
b1k3rdude, you amaze me. I have been looking for ignition barrels on eBay for a week and could not find anything. I even looked at other eBay sites.

I checked the Chinese ones and they are not wired correctly, I need two plus, one has 2 wires and the other has 5 wires. I think that is for the lighting, I cant turn the lights off, they are on dip all the time.

I have messaged the lockset advert, I'm a bit worried the ignition barrel is stiff, was that the reason it was provided as a spare when the bike was bought? Its expensive if the lock is no better than mine.

Thank you for your input, much appreciated.

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 March 2024, 09:32:09 am »
  • I have been looking for ignition barrels on eBay for a week and could not find anything. I even looked at other eBay sites.
  • I checked the Chinese ones and they are not wired correctly, I need two plus, one has 2 wires and the other has 5 wires. I think that is for the lighting, I cant turn the lights off, they are on dip all the time.
  • I think its prolly just the search terms you used, mine were 'fzs1000 lock set'.That and the intenet can be a bit feminin mood swings and give you different data on different days.
  • Well you could just d-pin the connectors, but if the circuit board is different you can just use your existing oem one in the new barrel.
But I suggest just buying that used OEM set.

old son

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZX10R
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 March 2024, 09:49:31 am »
Cheers, I'm in contact and awaiting details of the plugs.