Date: 01-05-24  Time: 03:22 am

Author Topic: WSB SPoiler  (Read 1999 times)

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
WSB SPoiler
« on: 18 April 2013, 08:18:43 pm »
Well if you have not heard of Chas Davies, the current world supersport rider then you will if you watched the WSB at the weekend.

What a good ride by him, some bad luck to the others  helped him but he actually looked like he could have taken all comers.

And as for the BMW number one rider, Marc Melandri, he will be wondering,what the fuck???? :lol

Chas is a local lad up here on the herefordshire,Welsh  border,brought up with his own mini moto come gocart track, he has allways been riding bikes.

Makes it all the more fun to watch.
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Re: WSB SPoiler
« Reply #1 on: 18 April 2013, 11:10:47 pm »
I used to live in Herefordshire as a lad, so when Moody/Ryder were saying he was getting time off school in Knighton to compete in 125's all those years ago I took more than the usual interest. After years of riding 2nd/3rd/4th string bikes he got a good break when he started riding for WSS ParkinGo Triumph team when Rovelli picked him up. He was doing well on that bike, but Triumph couldnt help out much, I think they withdrew what support they gave, so he the got the Yamaha's and took the world championship. The team moved up to WSB last year with a private Aprilia which was a big learning curve for all of them, but he got a victory on that bike. This year has been fantastic so far. Hopefully the team will give him the full support he deserves, they seem to be so far. Last year it was like Haslam didnt count for anything.
I'll be expecting my Mum to be sending me clippings fom the Hereford Times soon.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Re: WSB SPoiler
« Reply #3 on: 19 April 2013, 04:04:14 pm »
I'll look forward to receiving a cutout from the paper next week then  :)

I've still got my chaz57.com pen from when I was a member of his fan club when he was in 125/250s. The medium t-shirt stopped fitting years ago.
Not so slim Phil.

* Crash.Net racing newsfeeds

MotoGP

World Superbikes

British Superbikes

RSS to JavaScript