Date: 27-04-24  Time: 23:56 pm

Author Topic: FZ8 'race' shift pattern  (Read 1609 times)

farmer giles

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
FZ8 'race' shift pattern
« on: 18 August 2015, 08:13:13 am »
Hi,

is it possible to set up an FZ8 with a race shift pattern without investing hundreds of pounds on new rearsets ?

I'm thinking not as there is not much room through the frame for the selector rod but happy to be proved wrong.

ta   :)

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: FZ8 'race' shift pattern
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2015, 01:21:00 pm »
Hi,

is it possible to set up an FZ8 with a race shift pattern without investing hundreds of pounds on new rearsets ?

I'm thinking not as there is not much room through the frame for the selector rod but happy to be proved wrong.

ta   :)

What is race shift pattern  :eek

Do you mean installing quickshifter? Because Helathech QSE 1 can be installed in two ways:

And you can check the compatibility there: http://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/qse/

It says FZ8 is compatible and QSE 1 can be installed.

Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

farmer giles

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
Re: FZ8 'race' shift pattern
« Reply #2 on: 19 August 2015, 01:20:20 pm »

What is race shift pattern  :eek

basically changing from 1 down 5 up to 1 up 5 down. The easiest way I've been told is to flip the clamp over 180 deg on the splined shaft but I'm not convinced there's enough room to do it or if the clamp will work mechanically from the top.. or if there's enough adjustment on the selector rod to cope with the extra distance..  hence my question..

just being lazy and trying to avoid getting the spanners out if there's no way to make it work without investing some dosh  :o
« Last Edit: 19 August 2015, 01:23:12 pm by farmer giles »