Date: 01-05-24  Time: 01:09 am

Author Topic: Brembo Pads  (Read 947 times)

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Brembo Pads
« on: 02 February 2015, 11:02:17 pm »
Anyone used the brembo pads on here?

Not sure whether to go for the SA or carbon compound - the SA is designed for fast road use which isn't really what I'm doing on the 9 commuting into work so was leaning more towards the carbon?

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Brembo Pads
« Reply #1 on: 03 February 2015, 10:27:47 am »
I would have thought the carbon pads were more for track use where brakes don't have a chance to cool down as much. Based on what you have said about the SA ones, it would suggest Brembo pads are not what you need.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 February 2015, 12:22:39 pm »
Hello mate,

These are the two I was looking at:
http://www.biketorqueracing.co.uk/brakes/brembo-brake-pads

CC – The Organic Road pad[/size]CC The carbon-ceramic compound has evolved from the previous organic compound, thanks to its higher carbon content. This type of material features good durability, good performance hot and cold, wet and dry. It is has a slightly more progressive initial bite and is slightly less aggressive than the sintered pad and is compatible with both steel and cast iron discs. It is ideal for most modern motorcycles with riders looking for high mileage without RR performance.

SA – The Sintered Road Pad
These Sintered road pads are Brembo's most popular aftermarket pads. The new SA(front) and SP(rear) sintered compounds are excellent for the latest generation sports bikes. Manufactured through a particular production process, these brake pads have a high friction coefficient, excellent initial bite and are superb in both wet and dry weather for fast road use. These are an excellent alternative to Original Equipment pads! - See more at: http://www.biketorqueracing.co.uk/brakes/brembo-brake-pads#sthash.bZvw4RWZ.dpuf
[/color]

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 February 2015, 12:41:43 pm »
I generally prefer Carbon Ceramic compounds to Sintered as they aren't as harsh on the discs but don't have as much mess as Organic stuff :)