Date: 01-05-24  Time: 08:03 am

Author Topic: Meta 357T v2 Alarm  (Read 834 times)

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Meta 357T v2 Alarm
« on: 20 June 2014, 04:51:47 pm »
Hi guys, Anyone on here got any knowledge 0f these alarms or of alarms in general? (other than ripping it out?) After 10 years of service, the 357T fitted to my old FZS600 has now stopped working as it should (dead internal battery), and so my dad has had to take it out of the bike to stop it immobilising. There's two plugs on it, one of which is a little white one (the starter circuit breaker), so by bridging that wire the start circuit will activate as it should. Then there's another kill on it, which I'm not 100% sure but I think is probably wired into the spark plug circuit (as without this bridged the bike will turn over, but not fire up). After having bridged that, the bike will start and run as normal, except, weirdly the following problem Basically the indicators, but only the left hand side cut the power? It's a bit weird as they actually cut the power perfectly in time with the indicator flashing on, almost like someone is flicking the kill switch on and off? If the bikes ticking over then it just uts out, but if its revving it just basically misses and the revs drop every time the indicator flashes? Does anyone have any possible ideas how this could be wired up to have this effect? We'd rather not remove the alarm as my da is probably going to just buy another alarm block and plug it in, for hopefully another 10 years of decent service!
« Last Edit: 20 June 2014, 05:02:39 pm by JoeRock »

karlo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • By Fazer I Fly!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Swadlincote, S.Derbys
    • View Profile
    • UK Bikers
Re: Meta 357T v2 Alarm
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2014, 05:05:42 pm »
Check your Pm.