Date: 20-05-24  Time: 06:28 am

Author Topic: My new FZ6 N S2 new and unreg  (Read 2229 times)

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
My new FZ6 N S2 new and unreg
« on: 19 June 2013, 07:14:58 pm »
Hopefully I have posted a photo of my new bike had it just over a week now.
Feels strange as I have down sized as they say. I had a Kawasaki Z1000SX up until last week  that was a fantastic bike and the two years I had it loved every minute of it.
But had to have a reality check , I live on the Costa Blanca now and the roads around here are just not suited for a 140 bhp bike, also being an old fart 64 it was just to heavy for me.
I had a Fazer 600 S 1 back in 07 and loved it so I thought I would look for a good one. Was I lucky or what the bike is a 2010 model (Spain) it was unregistered and came with a Yamaha 2 year warranty. Having loads of fun on it and on the twisty roads around here still able to keep up with those on bigger bikes . Still running in but I know she is a wee pocket rocket and the guy that has bought my SX is in for a surprise when we hit the mountain roads again in a week or so.
Lew
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Bigfellabuck

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - XJ600 Diversion 97
    • View Profile
Re: My new FZ6 N S2 new and unreg
« Reply #1 on: 19 June 2013, 07:24:11 pm »
Hi Lew, looks nice matey, love that colour scheme.

Buck

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 June 2013, 08:11:45 pm »
Very slightly off topic, but the Z1000sx is about the only bike that tempts me right now from my gen 1 1000
how was it to live with and dose it handle ok? not as quick to steer as the 6 i bet but the short test ride i had it seemed ok but hard to tell what its like long term.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 June 2013, 11:08:32 pm »
Very slightly off topic, but the Z1000sx is about the only bike that tempts me right now from my gen 1 1000
how was it to live with and dose it handle ok? not as quick to steer as the 6 i bet but the short test ride i had it seemed ok but hard to tell what its like long term.

I can honestly say it is the best Sports Tourer on the market. It is comfortable once you get rid of the stock seat, it is a brick, . handling is excellent, suspension is adjustable front and back. The bike is a rocket, I am 18 stone and even with me on it I had up to 157 mph on the gps.
Checkout the forum www.z1000sx.co.uk tons of info on there and they are a friendly lot.
It is an excellent bike but for me sadly it had to go it was just to heavy for me, I am 64 and the old knees are gone. If you decide to get one you will not regret it. From a touring point of view in the 2 odd years I had it I put 16,000 miles on it, 3 times down and back to the SW of France and in April I rode down to the Costa Blanca were I live. Bike never let me down and apart from servicing it was never back at the dealers for anything.
Lew

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 June 2013, 11:23:43 pm »

I can honestly say it is the best Sports Tourer on the market. It is comfortable once you get rid of the stock seat, it is a brick, . handling is excellent, suspension is adjustable front and back. The bike is a rocket, I am 18 stone and even with me on it I had up to 157 mph on the gps.
Checkout the forum www.z1000sx.co.uk tons of info on there and they are a friendly lot.
It is an excellent bike but for me sadly it had to go it was just to heavy for me, I am 64 and the old knees are gone. If you decide to get one you will not regret it. From a touring point of view in the 2 odd years I had it I put 16,000 miles on it, 3 times down and back to the SW of France and in April I rode down to the Costa Blanca were I live. Bike never let me down and apart from servicing it was never back at the dealers for anything.
Lew

hi Lew.

might just be me, but does that sound like an invite to all the forum members to head down to your place in the costa blanca to try out the SX ? :)
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 June 2013, 07:54:59 am »
Ha Ha , the SX is gone but you all welcome to arrive on your Fazers be it the little one or the big one, great riding country round here, and the weather what can I say, to bloody hot at the moment, :rollin :rollin :D
Lew