Date: 29-03-24  Time: 06:45 am

Author Topic: Carbon Fibre Fairing Insert Panels - Interest in Group Buy?  (Read 29931 times)

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
Carbon Fibre Fairing Insert Panels - Interest in Group Buy?
« on: 08 October 2011, 04:46:53 am »
I had a couple of owners ask me on my last 'Ivanising' visit about carbon fibre fairing insert panels.  With the standard plastic ones being prone to cracking, I wondered if anyone else might be interested in a group buy of these from Zero Limits.

I've e-mailed the company this morning to ask if they'd be willing to do a group order price, possibly to include the airbox side panels and the radiator side covers.

In the meantime, if you're interested, please register your name here so that I have some idea of the numbers when Zero Limits come back to me.

Cheers!

Mike

karlo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • By Fazer I Fly!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Swadlincote, S.Derbys
    • View Profile
    • UK Bikers
Re: Carbon Fibre Fairing Insert Panels - Interest in Group Buy?
« Reply #1 on: 08 October 2011, 07:53:31 am »
I could be Mike.

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 October 2011, 08:30:42 am »
mike being a bit of an expert on this stuff as had 5 sets over the years i'd check the quality for yourself first the set i viewed wasn't what i'd fit to my bike and as yet not seen a set as good as the ones i had from the states

carbon is a hard product to make and unless the moulds are vac'ed there are air bubbles and pits in the finish

then there's the lay of the weave the fairing inners are very complex with there angles to get the weave correct

now granted i havent seen any of late from this company but you might wanna check first

this was the type of quality to beat

perhaps they can supply a sample or a discount on the first set before you commit to a group purchase

just my ramblings
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

PieEater

• GP Hero
  • Thank You Melton Mowbray, Yamaha & Ivan
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 October 2011, 09:42:56 am »
Not a bad price really considering I just spent the best part of £50 to replace one panel, however these wouldn't be for me as I like to keep the bike as close to original as I can.
Just wandered if anyone has tried reinforcing the underneath of these panels with a fibreglass kit? It's something I'm considering doing this winter, just unsure as to whether the resin will have any negative effects on the pastic !?!

karlo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • By Fazer I Fly!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Swadlincote, S.Derbys
    • View Profile
    • UK Bikers
« Reply #4 on: 08 October 2011, 10:34:27 am »
Not a bad price really considering I just spent the best part of £50 to replace one panel, however these wouldn't be for me as I like to keep the bike as close to original as I can.
Just wandered if anyone has tried reinforcing the underneath of these panels with a fibreglass kit? It's something I'm considering doing this winter, just unsure as to whether the resin will have any negative effects on the pastic !?!

Paint them Satin black?

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 October 2011, 12:02:46 pm »
I had a couple of owners ask me on my last 'Ivanising' visit about carbon fibre fairing insert panels.  With the standard plastic ones being prone to cracking, I wondered if anyone else might be interested in a group buy of these from Zero Limits.

I've e-mailed the company this morning to ask if they'd be willing to do a group order price, possibly to include the airbox side panels and the radiator side covers.

In the meantime, if you're interested, please register your name here so that I have some idea of the numbers when Zero Limits come back to me.

Cheers!

Mike

:'(  i wish i had known about this 3 weeks ago! ive placed a order with zero limits for fairing infill panels / air box covers / and side panels, i was told about 6 weeks to complete however every company ive had dealings with recent dont stick to what they tell you time wise !! so ill await and see and trust me if there not right or poor fitting they'll get sent back..

Im more than happy to post up how good they are before you spend your dosh and tbh if they are good enough for me ther will be they will be top dollar im fussy!  and i will give my honest opinion regarding condition and value for money.

Dave.
« Last Edit: 09 October 2011, 12:07:55 pm by cable tie »

jackojet

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2015 R1 and 2015 speed triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 October 2011, 12:38:07 pm »
I already decided that i would go for these when a link to zero limits was posted on here . if you guys go for a group buy count me in ! :)

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 October 2011, 12:54:54 pm »
 Hi Mike, i put a link to this company on the old foc u site, but i have been waiting 4 weeks on my air box covers and radiator guards, so i would possibly wait until i have received mine to check quality and service before commiting. I have been getting different answers every time i have contacted them. They didnt answer the phone for 3 days! Apparently they got lost with parcel farce smiley: frown I am supposed to be getting them in the next 2 weeks. I will update the minute i have them. Cheers, Nick. 
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 October 2011, 05:46:46 pm »
oh sounds like another company ive used recent for my forks however with em 4 wks turned into 3 months!! when i ordered mine stuff from zero they asked for full payment i agreed that due to there time scale i was only happy to pay deposit and the rest on completion this they agreed, and they did say it will take 6 weeks.

There's a company on evilbay thats based in germany that sell all this stuff and has it in stock but! its more money this will be my 2nd option if zero mess me around

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 October 2011, 06:08:50 pm »
There's a company on evilbay thats based in germany that sell all this stuff and has it in stock but! its more money this will be my 2nd option if zero mess me around

Is this the company, Dave?

If so, same photo as Luke's above. 

I've noted everyone's experiences of Zero Limits so far and will see what they say if/when they get back to me. 

Feedback on quality from those with parts ordered would be much appreciated.  And yes, if it's good enough for Dave, it's good enough for us all.  :lol

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 October 2011, 09:59:23 pm »
Yes Mike thats em, (www.superbike24.eu) ive brought from them in the past and could not fault there stuff and was very happy with the quality.

Dave..

phil on a fazer

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 October 2011, 01:09:33 pm »

You beat me to it, i was going to post saying that. I'm so sick of them cracking something needs to be done.

bone48

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tuono
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 October 2011, 02:08:41 pm »
Mike

I may be interested pending price confirmation as I am about to order a Yamaha fairing infill.

Cheers

Mark (Huddersfield)

adam1000

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10 October 2011, 10:52:04 pm »
count me in mike, as you know mine are cracking everywhere!

snapper

• GP Hero
  • Life is an accident waiting to happen
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 October 2011, 09:43:33 am »
Mike

I am  interested as well , pending price

the old wallet is a little thin at the moment !

its just been the better halfs birthday !

Mark

bash62

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 11 October 2011, 11:29:41 am »
price pending i'm in too mike
cheers
bash

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 October 2011, 06:17:57 pm »
OK, it's looking like about 8 - 10 at present subject to price and quality.

I'll keep you all posted on developments. :)

Mike

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 October 2011, 02:43:20 pm »
Zero Limits have offered us a group buy discounted price of £99.99 for the fairing inserts and £60 for the airbox covers.  Price is per pair of parts.

I think that's a good price but I have let them know that some of our forum members are awaiting delivery on the orders they made some weeks ago and that the delay is causing concern to all here.  I've also pointed out that the members in question will be reporting back on quality and that this will be the clincher or deal-breaker.

Finally, I've asked how long it will take from placing the order to shipping the parts and how much deposit will be required up front.

Mike

snapper

• GP Hero
  • Life is an accident waiting to happen
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 October 2011, 02:53:10 pm »
sounds good to me  :D

phil on a fazer

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 October 2011, 03:05:40 pm »
Zero Limits have offered us a group buy discounted price of £99.99 for the fairing inserts and £60 for the airbox covers.  Price is per pair of parts.

i would be up for that. (i take it that its £99 for 2 infill panles?)

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 October 2011, 03:57:11 pm »
Yes, each price quoted is per pair of the relevant parts.

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 October 2011, 06:12:19 pm »
The following is the full text of the e-mail I got back from Zero Limits this evening:

Hi Mike

Yes, the present orders have been a nightmare!! Parcel Farce have lost 4 boxes of our parts , nearly £3000 worth of parts and although we will get the money back via insurance its the loss of customers parts that is the issue. We have been lucky as most people have understood the issue and are happy to wait. The replacements have been pushed to the front of the queue so hopefully the orders will be completed next week. We supply not only the public but trade as well , both cars and bikes in the region of 1000 parts per month so to re allocate resources has been a task. 

I fully understand the need to check quality of the goods before you commit, I would do the same in your position.  Deposit would be 25% on the order and the remainder once we are ready to deliver. I am sure we can work this out to the forums benefit. We like to work with forums as you tend to be passionate about your machines and the technical knowledge you have is priceless. If there are other parts your forum would like to suggests we would be interested in producing these to.Any problems please just give us a shout.

Based on this - and subject to confirmation of quality by those who have orders awaiting delivery - I'm inclined to press ahead with this idea.  So, if you're genuinely interested please drop me an e-mail (mikegreatorexAThotmail.com) with your requirements and I'll put your name on the provisional order list. smiley: smile

Mike
« Last Edit: 12 October 2011, 06:12:54 pm by Falcon 269 »

phil on a fazer

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 October 2011, 07:25:19 pm »
Just want to check something.....these carbon infill panels are going to be stronger then the standard ones aren't they? i myself actually dislike the carbon look and am only interested because im sick of the standard ones cracking. :'(

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13 October 2011, 12:18:31 am »
Ayup Mike, i too gave zero limits a call today to ask what progress there making on my items, i later got a call back stating they would be posting these in 15-20 days time from today.

However if they have lost peeps parcels i cant see me getting mine in that time if they having to resend orders out 1st so ill await and see  :rolleyes   ...

DAVE.

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13 October 2011, 07:34:50 am »
Just want to check something.....these carbon infill panels are going to be stronger then the standard ones aren't they? i myself actually dislike the carbon look and am only interested because im sick of the standard ones cracking. :'(

I'm assuming that they'll be stronger and more vibe-resistant, Phil, but can't say for sure.  However, since they're being offered at virtually the same price as a pair of Yamaha plastic fantastics, I think they're worth trying.

I put small rubber washers between the panel and the mounting point to isolate from vibes and reduce the likelihood of over-tightening.