Date: 28-03-24  Time: 23:50 pm

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 642568 times)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!
« Reply #3600 on: 10 September 2020, 09:49:41 am »
« Last Edit: 16 November 2020, 09:19:28 pm by YamFazFan »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: 10 September 2020, 10:13:04 am »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: 10 September 2020, 10:32:43 am »
[size=78%]Just means the wives and kids meet together in the house/back garden while the blokes talk bollocks in the garage[/size]
[size=78%]
All at the same 'premises'. £100 fines all round  :b [/size]

everyone or just the host ?
« Last Edit: 10 September 2020, 10:34:02 am by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: 10 September 2020, 10:36:42 am »
6 from multiple households indoors or out is actually an upgrade for me, because before it was only 2 households indoors, but up to 30 people which I never understood how they came to that number

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: 10 September 2020, 12:36:47 pm »
6 from multiple households indoors or out is actually an upgrade for me, because before it was only 2 households indoors, but up to 30 people which I never understood how they came to that number

You just have to be careful... if you and your 5 friends sit in a pub next to me and my 5 friends then thats fine, because the virus will know that we don't know each other and therefor can't spread. But if by some chance one of your mates is actually friends with one of mine then we will be knackered because they will be an illegal meeting and we will all be spreading the virus 😔

So just make sure that when you and your 5 other friends meet up in a pub that there isn't anyone in there that you know.... or that will be dangerous 🙄🙄

Also its worth noting that you can't catch the virus at work when there are more than 6 of you because it knows your at work so it will leave you alone. It will wait until your at the park to get you instead

Stay safe and remember... head shoulders knees and toes 👮‍♂️
« Last Edit: 10 September 2020, 12:37:34 pm by Dudeofrude »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: 11 September 2020, 09:45:55 am »
Lots of half term holidays in the UK now cancelled, as two families with children cannot share the same accommodation.
Apart from sensible Scotland, where under 12s don't count towards the '6'.
So in England, it's OK for 30 kids to spend weeks on end together in class, because it's 'safe',  but not OK to spend a week in a cottage with 2 other friends, because they might catch the virus.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: 11 September 2020, 09:51:55 am »
It does sound sensible to exclude under 12s, just the same as they are exempt from wearing masks

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: 11 September 2020, 12:24:02 pm »
Second wave imminent.
Maybe yes, but what impact will it have?

I've been looking at the stats on worldometer.

Firstly new cases.  Remember all countries are most likely doing much more testing, and better testing, than they were back in march.  So we will see more cases, so its difficult to compare with march and april.

I just looked at a few Euro countries, you know countries that are similar (ish) to us.  Spain shows the biggest spike.  The number of cases they are detecting each day looks worrysome.

But then back in march they had almost 1000 deaths a day at one point.  The last few days they have ranged between 15 and 184. 
There is a clear delay between infection increase and recorded deaths.  Spain is worth watching.  The thing that really counts over the next few weeks/couple of months, is hospital admissions and deaths. 

Bear in mind in Scotland, around half our deaths were in care homes.  That was a fuck up.  That shouldn't happen again.  I think the same mistake was made in England.

It is probably the right thing to do to be cautious at this time, but could it be that this virus, for whatever reason has lost its bite?  Lets hope so.

Of course my worry is that we won't learn the lessons.  The world needs to figure out how it can minimise the possibility of another pandemic.

And oh to be young and foolish again. :\

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: 11 September 2020, 01:28:55 pm »
Second wave imminent.
Maybe yes, but what impact will it have?

I've been looking at the stats on worldometer.

Firstly new cases.  Remember all countries are most likely doing much more testing, and better testing, than they were back in march.  So we will see more cases, so its difficult to compare with march and april.

I just looked at a few Euro countries, you know countries that are similar (ish) to us.  Spain shows the biggest spike.  The number of cases they are detecting each day looks worrysome.

But then back in march they had almost 1000 deaths a day at one point.  The last few days they have ranged between 15 and 184. 
There is a clear delay between infection increase and recorded deaths.  Spain is worth watching.  The thing that really counts over the next few weeks/couple of months, is hospital admissions and deaths. 

Bear in mind in Scotland, around half our deaths were in care homes.  That was a fuck up.  That shouldn't happen again.  I think the same mistake was made in England.

It is probably the right thing to do to be cautious at this time, but could it be that this virus, for whatever reason has lost its bite?  Lets hope so.

Of course my worry is that we won't learn the lessons.  The world needs to figure out how it can minimise the possibility of another pandemic.

And oh to be young and foolish again. :\

India has some very serious figures right now.
Averaging 95,000 Positive tests a DAY, and in the last 3 days there have been 1000, 1100 & 1200+ deaths, so is still rising rapidly.
Obviously they have a massive population in comparison, but their curve is skyrocketing.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #3609 on: 11 September 2020, 05:50:46 pm »

Obviously they have a massive population in comparison, but their curve is skyrocketing.

They also have much higher population density and less ability for people to self-isolate.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: 11 September 2020, 06:24:12 pm »

They also have much higher population density and less ability for people to self-isolate.

I believe this is also they're "first wave" so it is going to be bad. Those of you that have been will also know its not the cleanest place in the world so I imagine there are many more people there with various other hygiene related illnesses that are going to make things much worse. Same with the slums in Brazil.... not great places to be at the beat of times

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: 11 September 2020, 07:37:29 pm »
Averaging 95,000 Positive tests a DAY, and in the last 3 days there have been 1000, 1100 & 1200+ deaths, so is still rising rapidly.
No its not good.  They do have a population of around 1.35 billion though.  At the moment in terms of deaths per 1 million they lie in 72th place in the world.

The graph I am looking at shows a steady rise, it is not spiking, though that doesn't mean it won't.  Same deaths.

It is the USA that I find interesting.  Yesterday almost 40,000 new cases recorded.  Plus they seem to be running at just short of a thousand deaths a day.  They sit 11th in the world for deaths per 1 million, but they are moving up the chart.  UK is in 7th place.

Not sure where this is all going.

Anyway I had a stinking cold last week.  How the heck did I catch a cold with social distancing, face masks, constant hand washing etc etc.  I'm still wheezing.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: 11 September 2020, 08:05:37 pm »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 04:52:38 pm by YamFazFan »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: 11 September 2020, 09:54:58 pm »
Not being funny, but you always seem to have something wrong with you. I've lost count of the number of maladies you've reported and detailed on here.
If it helps you, I don't think I've seen or contacted my GP for over a year now.  And its only the common cold I've had in the last week, well I think it was/is.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: 12 September 2020, 12:01:59 pm »
No its not good.  They do have a population of around 1.35 billion though.  At the moment in terms of deaths per 1 million they lie in 72th place in the world.

The graph I am looking at shows a steady rise, it is not spiking, though that doesn't mean it won't.  Same deaths.

It is the USA that I find interesting.  Yesterday almost 40,000 new cases recorded.  Plus they seem to be running at just short of a thousand deaths a day.  They sit 11th in the world for deaths per 1 million, but they are moving up the chart.  UK is in 7th place.

Not sure where this is all going.

Anyway I had a stinking cold last week.  How the heck did I catch a cold with social distancing, face masks, constant hand washing etc etc.  I'm still wheezing.

Was watching a few videos on YouTube the other day, and they pointed out that over half the population in India don't even have a toilet.
I doubt that really helps matters either with lung infections.

https://youtu.be/4MK5o9Vhiqk

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3615 on: 12 September 2020, 01:13:55 pm »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 04:50:56 pm by YamFazFan »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: 12 September 2020, 01:24:58 pm »
Yeah, looks a bit crap tae me.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: 12 September 2020, 05:26:02 pm »
I'm amazed people want go on holiday there. It sounds like just about one of the last places I'd wish to go to. I'm guessing it's because it's cheap.

Because of places like these: https://www.planetware.com/tourist-attractions/india-ind.htm

For the same reason people go to London to see Buckingham Palace, the Houses of Parliament, the museums etc, not some of the less salubrious areas...

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: 12 September 2020, 06:40:21 pm »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 04:50:36 pm by YamFazFan »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: 13 September 2020, 07:06:33 pm »
Not political as they are Ex PM's and one labour and one conservative. But just seen them on the news walking shoulder to shoulder ( unless it was archive footage ) where's the social distancing.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: 13 September 2020, 11:15:13 pm »
Archive stuff I think. Blair is a lot greyer now. Almost as grey as Major  :D

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: 14 September 2020, 09:43:35 am »
So yet another misguided waste of public money, lowering speed limits in the name of pollution reduction (NO2) -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-54130862

Just waiting for the other shoe to drop, you know the one where its part of a money making ponzi scheme to fleece the motorist, aka ULEZ.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: 14 September 2020, 10:41:20 am »
Not political as they are Ex PM's and one labour and one conservative. But just seen them on the news walking shoulder to shoulder ( unless it was archive footage ) where's the social distancing.

Maybe they're a couple now?  :lol

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: 14 September 2020, 11:13:52 am »
So yet another misguided waste of public money, lowering speed limits in the name of pollution reduction (NO2) -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-54130862

If they don't have any cameras, people will ignore the limit. If they have gantry cameras, people will do 80 and then slam on their brakes just before each one. If they have average speed cameras for the whole motorway, people may well start looking for alternative routes instead eg A Roads, just moving the pollution elsewhere

Also, for example, the M27 is currently being upgraded to a "Smart" (not really) motorway with long sections being 50mph with average speed cameras.

Trying to keep to a constant 50mph or lower on a virtually empty road on my motorbike for mile after mile of straight road is actually very difficult and it's very easy for the concentration to drift. I've seen other vehicles sometimes start to veer across lanes and then suddenly swerve back as the driver's brain catches up with what's happening.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: 14 September 2020, 12:11:53 pm »
Ive been along that section of M6 and would love to go 60mph, its usually going 40. 

So yes the experiment will show that 60 reduces pollution on that section - cause people have used another route.