Date: 28-04-24  Time: 18:12 pm

Author Topic: FZS600 track day  (Read 2065 times)

matt7chunk

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Xj900f 1993
    • View Profile
FZS600 track day
« on: 07 May 2017, 12:00:05 am »
hey , still not got round to a track day yet, really want get on a track and really see what the bikes got , i've heard about sound limits etc , i have a BlueFlame exhaust (in the workshop ;) ) stamped with NOT FOR ROAD USE my question is can i use this on a track day or will it be too loud or will i need to use my standard exhaust?    (also have k&n air filter)

also anyone who has taken there fzs600 to the track, 1}is it worthy? 2}anything i should do or know before i go?

cheers guys! Matt

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: FZS600 track day
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2017, 12:44:47 pm »
If it's not for road use, and you're not sure if it can be used on a track, what are your other options?  :rollin
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2017, 12:52:30 pm »
Doesn't matter how it's marked, they will do a decibel test before you're allowed on. Unless it's extremely loud you shouldn't have a problem.
I took my Fzs600 onto Rockingham last year. It was fine, and my road tyres took a beating. Almost everybody else was on prepped track bikes, so I got overtaken frequently :-(

Koreanbaz

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2017, 03:14:48 pm »
102 db on a quiet day and 105 db of a loud day is the standard. MSV and Donny. Sillystone is a pain in the arse for noise.

sgpwwg

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 May 2017, 07:28:42 pm »

The Fazer 600 is great on track, I am off to Bedford on Monday the 15th, noise has never been an issue, I have a DB killer and never get higher then 90db. I have done 8 track days and have always had a fantastic time, it may not be the fastest on the straights but the brakes and cornering ability make up for it. I have plenty of my videos on YouTube (FZS 600 Bedford Autodrome track day 25th July 2016 Session 5)
I have changed the tyres to Pirelli Supercorsa's, dropped the front forks through the yokes by 40mm, made some foot peg risers, changed the front sprocket to 13 tooth and added a reverse race shift. My Fazer has 87,200 miles and still hits and indicated 135 on the Bedford back straight.
My advice is go for it, you will have some much fun, just remember to go at your own pace and it is not a race.

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
« Reply #5 on: 07 May 2017, 08:38:08 pm »
Did a taster track sess down at Brands Hatch last year (with the Kent Fire Crew and IAM lot), yep had a great time. Got a Motad/Venom can, popped the baffle back in to play it safe, passed sounds test no issues. There was a little stall there selling a selection of baffles and wadding in case you're really stuck. Some chap with a stock MT09 and Akropovic can failed though, had to fill it with wadding to get it through!

Anyways, got a novice day at Brands booked for June and a weekend at Folembray in France with the ELAM crew in August - can't wait!

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2017, 09:42:53 pm »
Did a taster track sess down at Brands Hatch last year (with the Kent Fire Crew and IAM lot), yep had a great time. Got a Motad/Venom can, popped the baffle back in to play it safe, passed sounds test no issues. There was a little stall there selling a selection of baffles and wadding in case you're really stuck. Some chap with a stock MT09 and Akropovic can failed though, had to fill it with wadding to get it through!

Anyways, got a novice day at Brands booked for June and a weekend at Folembray in France with the ELAM crew in August - can't wait!

Do they race on the other side of the track in France :rolleyes

dcurzon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • Internet of Things
« Reply #7 on: 09 May 2017, 11:54:25 am »
I've only ever had noise issues at one circuit.

Assen.

[size=78%]Considering it was a Ducati event, on track thursday through to racing sunday, noise testing thurs/fri/saturday.  Sunday had no issues.[/size]

EVERYONE had full race systems. 

Everyone was clamping empty coke cans over the exhaust to try and muffle the sound a fraction!!