Date: 28-03-24  Time: 22:21 pm

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 642460 times)

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!
« Reply #3775 on: 09 January 2021, 06:37:56 pm »
You can also have both a support bubble and a childcare bubble. So for instance we have my wife's best friend for a support bubble as she is a single mum of a 7 year old and has no family (except a Dad who's in a care home with dementia) then we are also in a child car bubble with the in laws so that they can have the kids over at theirs every now and again (their choice not ours)

Yep if it's them looking after your kids while you work etc, fine but only you or your Mrs should drop them off or collect them individually.  If it's just for them to see your kids, it shouldn't be happening and they/you are running a risk of them catching it, from your kids or you.  Remember under 16s mainly don't have any symptoms what's so ever, but pass it either to you or your older family members, it's also possible you or your Mrs is asymptomatic too.  The virus is spreading because people are spreading it, it's not spreading it's self, many are just in denial of this fact.  Someone known to me, was doing what your doing, his mums now sadly died  :( Not a risk worth taking in my book.   

But on the note of the lockdown, I took my kids down the seafront for our daily walk and it was packed! May aswell gave been the middle of the summer. Roads aren't really any emptier either.
Yep twats

I read on the news about how the Gov is moaning that more and more people are bending the rules but honestly what do they expect. After nearly a full year of restrictions People are sick to death of it all. I honestly don't know anyone that supports these restrictions or think they work and the vast majority of people would rather just be left to get on with it.

Sure and more, possibly someone you know or care about will die or be seriously buggered for sometime or the rest of their life.  I totally support these current restrictions, I for one think there not strong enough.  I want this virus beat, to achieve that we've got to step up and get on with it.

I think the disillusion is starting to set it with even the strictest of people because it feels like you can't win. You follow the rules, don't see your family, lose all your savings... and yet you still get locked down.

We can win and would be if twats didn't keep bending and breaking the rules.  That said, the government hasn't and isn't helping, with too little, too late and mixed messaging.  If you're one of the 3m ish that went self employed less than a year before this started, then yes it's hard, unfair and the government should be doing far more to help you/them.  If you're just furloughed you should be fine, providing you wasn't living beyond you means and not declaring income.  Not seeing our families is disappointing but a necessary tool to fight the virus. I've not seen my lads for well over 8 months and if it keeps going probably another 8 months, but the longer I do the safer they and I am and if we all had the same attitude this virus will get beat sooner rather than later.  We have a 2 choices, both are different levels of a shit sandwich, one ends got a lot more shit, i.e. give in more die, NHS get flattened, it goes on longer and longer, economy crashes lot of shit end or follow the advice and we get out of it little shit end?  All the winging, complaining, rule bending is futile the virus doesn't care and will kill regardless. 

Like it or not there's is no other choices, take your pick.           

So you may as well have ignored it all and did what you wanted.... you'd be in the same position now either way

But alive and not possibly damaged  ;)

On the plus side if the infection keeps spreading the way it is we will have all had it by the end of winter. Heard immunity achieved and the government can make some money sleeing off all the vaccines to poorer countries

As far as they know you don't get any immunity, herd or otherwise many have had the virus multiple times.  I know people who work NHS front line who have.   

Yes it's crap, yes it's unfair, yes I don't like it, but none of us have much choice beyond the 2 stated above.

But the problem is that there will never be a 100% compliance around the general public. And of this virus spreads in the way they say it does then it only takes a few people not to comply and the whole thing goes tits up. Not to mention the amount of people that just don't care about the risk. They aren't worried about getting it or worried about giving it to anyone.
So the point being this asking everyone to behave approach isn't ever going to work. If everyone did exactly as they were told then there wouldn't be any crime would there 🤷‍♂️

Add to the fact that every man and his dog is a 'key worker' these days and you realise that this isn't really any kind of lockdown. The only people that are at home are the ones that work in pubs, gyms, hotels, shops or personal care. Around here between the supermarkets, factories, hospitals and docks I'd say well over 60% of people are still going about daily life as normal. In fact I dont actually know another person that has to stay at home like me.

So really the only options are a 100% lockdown of everyone (as done in other countries) ,keep faffing about like they are (which is getting us nowhere), or just don't bother. And I think we know which one its going to be

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: 09 January 2021, 06:39:00 pm »
And as a side note I think maybe this conversation would be better moved over to the "Will you take the Vax" convo as seems to have gone a bit off topic here

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3777 on: 09 January 2021, 06:53:22 pm »
I'm guessing you're not driving 200 plus miles round trip  :)

Not after 4 pints :rollin
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: 09 January 2021, 07:40:58 pm »
But the problem is that there will never be a 100% compliance around the general public.

Quite right, we don't need 100% we need the a healthy majority, the same we get with crime.  There always going to be a small % who'll will commit crime no matter what but its small and we manage it.   

And of this virus spreads in the way they say it does then it only takes a few people not to comply and the whole thing goes tits up.
It's not what I'm saying it's what's happening.  If the government got test and trace sorted out properly as they were told i.e locally and not via private company's and all the other failed crap they've been doing we'd keep on top of it as other countries have done.     

[
Not to mention the amount of people that just don't care about the risk. They aren't worried about getting it or worried about giving it to anyone.

Like the % that commit crime we sort them, end of.

So the point being this asking everyone to behave approach isn't ever going to work.

Nobody wanted WW2 other than those that started it, but they like we had/have no choice it got to be done.   

If everyone did exactly as they were told then there wouldn't be any crime would there

Mentioned above some will always commit crime that's why we have laws.  But like crime any law has to be written so it's enforceable and proportionate to the situation and has to be seen to be enforced, then it will be followed by the vast majority. 

Add to the fact that every man and his dog is a 'key worker' these days and you realise that this isn't really any kind of lockdown.

Yes I agree there's is too many classed as 'key workers' but that is the government trying to appease their mates and save money to some extent .  The list now needs really looking at, trimed and those that aren't and caught working, the above applies.   

The only people that are at home are the ones that work in pubs, gyms, hotels, shops or personal care. Around here between the supermarkets, factories, hospitals and docks I'd say well over 60% of people are still going about daily life as normal. In fact I dont actually know another person that has to stay at home like me.

Most I know are working from home, my 2 lads are both lost their jobs, both got new ones, one lost his new job, the other is still working from home.  Areas of the country will be very different, factory work mostly can't be done from home, but the owners should be following the rules.  I grant you some aren't, forcing workers in when they shouldn't be, but that's due to government turning a blind eye and money etc.

So really the only options are a 100% lockdown of everyone (as done in other countries) ,keep faffing about like they are (which is getting us nowhere), or just don't bother. And I think we know which one its going to be

Yes, we need to do what we did in Mar, had we stayed locked for longer, sorted out test & trace etc we'd be in a very different position, we didn't but that's a whole new topic.

Sadly there's just 2 choices as mentioned earlier, both are crap but one is less crap and with a light at the end of the tunnel, the other utter chaos.   
« Last Edit: 10 January 2021, 11:13:36 am by Gnasher »
Later

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: 15 January 2021, 05:29:32 pm »
Twats who think lockdown rules don't apply to them and have scant regard for their relatives or others :finger :evil

I live in a very quiet area in the countryside, I'm the easily the youngest by at least 15 yrs or so.  My road/cul-de-sac is mainly just drive ways with the odd bit of parking on the road leading to it, the road is normally empty save the odd car.  This morning it's full I mean rammed, 12 cars, driven by 40 - 60yrs olds who don't live here, some with kids visiting mum/dad etc, I know a good few live in London and East Anglia, which are between 120 - 170 miles away one way :eek :eek :eek

WTF, they're just not getting it no wonder this thing is spreading like wildfire, when mum/dad/nan/grandad catch it and die they'll be saying "I don't know how he/she got it we were so careful" TWATS absolute C*^ts  :evil   

Little and very sad update on the above.  This week we've had a few more doctors cars and an ambulance or two which is way more than normal.  While at work today, we've had two more ambulances turn up I'm told, 3, people from 2 households have now been taken into hospital, you can guess what with, oh yes Covid, all are in the late 70's with health issues. 

Both houses had visits last Sat from relatives who come from London or the East of England.   Less than a week and now they're in serious trouble by TWATS  :finger I really hope they make it back out.   

Really pisses me off, it's not a bloody game  :evil :evil

Later

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3780 on: 15 January 2021, 05:41:21 pm »
While at work today, we've had two more ambulances turn up I'm told, 3, people from 2 households have now been taken into hospital, you can guess what with, oh yes Covid, all are in the late 70's with health issues. 
Both houses had visits last Sat from relatives who come from London or the East of England.

Like I said 7 days ago - you should of informed the police. Could just of been the thing that saved them.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: 15 January 2021, 05:48:48 pm »
Like I said 7 days ago - you should of informed the police. Could just of been the thing that saved them.

Oh it's my fault, really, how dare you you're a complete TWAT   :finger

« Last Edit: 15 January 2021, 06:14:15 pm by Gnasher »
Later

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: 15 January 2021, 10:00:41 pm »
Twats who think lockdown rules don't apply to them and have scant regard for their relatives or others :finger :evil

I live in a very quiet area in the countryside, I'm the easily the youngest by at least 15 yrs or so.  My road/cul-de-sac is mainly just drive ways with the odd bit of parking on the road leading to it, the road is normally empty save the odd car.  This morning it's full I mean rammed, 12 cars, driven by 40 - 60yrs olds who don't live here, some with kids visiting mum/dad etc, I know a good few live in London and East Anglia, which are between 120 - 170 miles away one way :eek :eek :eek

WTF, they're just not getting it no wonder this thing is spreading like wildfire, when mum/dad/nan/grandad catch it and die they'll be saying "I don't know how he/she got it we were so careful" TWATS absolute C*^ts  :evil   

Little and very sad update on the above.  This week we've had a few more doctors cars and an ambulance or two which is way more than normal.  While at work today, we've had two more ambulances turn up I'm told, 3, people from 2 households have now been taken into hospital, you can guess what with, oh yes Covid, all are in the late 70's with health issues. 

Both houses had visits last Sat from relatives who come from London or the East of England.   Less than a week and now they're in serious trouble by TWATS  :finger I really hope they make it back out.   

Really pisses me off, it's not a bloody game  :evil :evil

Sad news but at the end of the day the people being visited are just as bad as the one visiting. They obviously didn't think the rules applied to them or that they just weren't going to catch it 🤷‍♂️
As I've said to my friends that have caught it......you can only get it by not following the guidance 🤡👮‍♂️

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: 16 January 2021, 09:58:53 am »
Sad news but at the end of the day the people being visited are just as bad as the one visiting. They obviously didn't think the rules applied to them or that they just weren't going to catch it

Yes to some extent, but I know from past they get pressurised or they just turn up!  The visitors, their children bring grandchildren should not be putting them at risk and know better, the problem appears to be they think it's just something that happens to someone else!     

As I've said to my friends that have caught it......you can only get it by not following the guidance

Yep the idiot deniers and those flouting utterly selfish twats :evil  I wonder how they feel now, my guess is Oh a wonder how they got it we'll were so careful................... twats   
« Last Edit: 16 January 2021, 11:08:22 am by Gnasher »
Later

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: 17 January 2021, 11:10:41 am »
I wonder if after this pandemic recedes will we see more people relocating from the big cities in UK to the countryside area's of the urban environment, not only for their body health but their mental health.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: 17 January 2021, 03:50:03 pm »
I wonder if after this pandemic recedes will we see more people relocating from the big cities in UK to the countryside area's of the urban environment, not only for their body health but their mental health.

I wouldn't be surprised. I've been a runner for 50 years, all over the local fields and footpaths, I only have to go a mile then I'm out of the urban area. Normally, I would see the same one or two dog walkers. Since this all kicked off, its now all in reverse, and I'm running on the streets. The footpaths are crammed, and rather than a metre or so wide, they've all tried to avoid the mud and they are now several metres wide, and the hedges are full of dog shite bags. Though most will revert back, I reckon some will have found something they wish to retain

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: 18 January 2021, 06:22:59 am »

I wouldn't be surprised. I've been a runner for 50 years, all over the local fields and footpaths, I only have to go a mile then I'm out of the urban area. Normally, I would see the same one or two dog walkers. Since this all kicked off, its now all in reverse, and I'm running on the streets. The footpaths are crammed, and rather than a metre or so wide, they've all tried to avoid the mud and they are now several metres wide, and the hedges are full of dog shite bags. Though most will revert back, I reckon some will have found something they wish to retain

Bit more space for us townies then.  :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: 25 January 2021, 05:12:49 pm »
Vets and doctors' receptionists who think they're doing you some kind of favour letting you see them and then in the case of the vet charging you a fortune for the privilege . :finger
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: 03 February 2021, 10:43:45 am »
Safer going to the vet's than your local surgery--that's for sure. :D

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: 24 February 2021, 06:28:27 pm »
Politicians and other Spokes-people when interviewed just recently have starting saying "We Know" or "We Know that" -- you see I can almost guarantee they will say it.
 I noticed this also a while ago and the word used was " Clearly" its as though they are all listening to each other and all start talking the same.       

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: 24 February 2021, 08:09:53 pm »
Politicians and other Spokes-people when interviewed just recently have starting saying "We Know" or "We Know that" -- you see I can almost guarantee they will say it.
 I noticed this also a while ago and the word used was " Clearly" its as though they are all listening to each other and all start talking the same.     

So.

Followed by a breath.

Then they answer the question (or not)

More and more people are starting a sentence with "so", just as if they are talking down to someone

Annoying, but appears to be a modern trend

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: 24 February 2021, 11:52:19 pm »
You're dead right there mate. :wall :wall :wall :finger

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: 04 March 2021, 08:41:47 pm »
People who move away to live elsewhere to be out of the public glare, then do everything they can do keep themselves in it and make a fortune doing so

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: 22 April 2021, 10:44:49 am »
What gets my goat is greedy people buying patio heaters from Aldi with no intention of using themselves but just to flog on at a profit. Aldi sold out instore and online and now they are all over facebook and 834 on ebay look here https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Gardenline+2000W+Patio+Heater&_sacat=0&_sop=16 some idiot is asking £10,000  :eek for a £39 patio heater.

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: 28 April 2021, 05:27:10 pm »
I had to except £9500 in the end. ;)

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3795 on: 30 April 2021, 04:31:50 pm »
It just sounds so unnatural. Thuu east midlands, thuu elephant, the apple. News readers are doing it now, weren't we all taught that its pronounced "thee" before a vowel?

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: 10 May 2021, 09:50:44 am »
Heres what gets my goat. Taken from the what did you do with your fazer today tyre debate.  These supa silica synthetic compounds. Innovative Enhanced Exceptional technology optimum performance innovative compound composition, blah blah. And yet get a few hours sunshine on them ant they fall to bits.
 Why cant they just make them more resistant to sunlight. :rolleyes

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: 10 May 2021, 03:00:59 pm »
Saving the planet/reducing emissions etc. So why doesn't govt legislate to make housebuilders build all homes with south facing rooves? And incorporate solar panels into the build, rather than have owners have to have them retro fitted?

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3798 on: 10 May 2021, 04:00:38 pm »
Saving the planet/reducing emissions etc. So why doesn't govt legislate to make housebuilders build all homes with south facing rooves? And incorporate solar panels into the build, rather than have owners have to have them retro fitted?

A lot of new builds have that in their planning approval.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: 13 May 2021, 11:49:02 am »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 11:30:33 am by YamFazFan »