Date: 19-04-24  Time: 06:52 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 650798 times)

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!
« Reply #3750 on: 08 January 2021, 07:21:00 pm »
They still have to pay tariffs if the whole thing isn't made in the UK, as well as the paperwork which is the same if sending goods to France, NI is as far as trade is concerned the EU 

True, no tariffs if the components are made elsewhere in the EU of course.

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: 08 January 2021, 07:21:12 pm »
We will be negotiating with the EU for years to come. This isn't a divorce, we've just moved out and are arguing about the CDs  ;)
heh, both funny and depressing at the same time.

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: 08 January 2021, 08:15:32 pm »
They still have to pay tariffs if the whole thing isn't made in the UK, as well as the paperwork which is the same if sending goods to France, NI is as far as trade is concerned the EU 

True, no tariffs if the components are made elsewhere in the EU of course.

I believe so yes  ;)
Later

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: 09 January 2021, 12:44:05 pm »
Twats who think lockdown rules don't apply to them and have scant regard for their relatives or others :finger :evil

I live in a very quiet area in the countryside, I'm the easily the youngest by at least 15 yrs or so.  My road/cul-de-sac is mainly just drive ways with the odd bit of parking on the road leading to it, the road is normally empty save the odd car.  This morning it's full I mean rammed, 12 cars, driven by 40 - 60yrs olds who don't live here, some with kids visiting mum/dad etc, I know a good few live in London and East Anglia, which are between 120 - 170 miles away one way :eek :eek :eek

WTF, they're just not getting it no wonder this thing is spreading like wildfire, when mum/dad/nan/grandad catch it and die they'll be saying "I don't know how he/she got it we were so careful" TWATS absolute C*^ts  :evil     
« Last Edit: 09 January 2021, 12:50:11 pm by Gnasher »
Later

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: 09 January 2021, 12:47:09 pm »
Indeed.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: 09 January 2021, 01:46:10 pm »
Twats who think lockdown rules don't apply to them and have scant regard for their relatives or others :finger :evil

I live in a very quiet area in the countryside, I'm the easily the youngest by at least 15 yrs or so.  My road/cul-de-sac is mainly just drive ways with the odd bit of parking on the road leading to it, the road is normally empty save the odd car.  This morning it's full I mean rammed, 12 cars, driven by 40 - 60yrs olds who don't live here, some with kids visiting mum/dad etc, I know a good few live in London and East Anglia, which are between 120 - 170 miles away one way :eek :eek :eek

WTF, they're just not getting it no wonder this thing is spreading like wildfire, when mum/dad/nan/grandad catch it and die they'll be saying "I don't know how he/she got it we were so careful" TWATS absolute C*^ts  :evil     
If you are the youngest in the area by 15 years and the people visiting are 40-60 it sounds to me like your neighbours are all 60-80.  How do you know that they are not in a support bubble.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: 09 January 2021, 01:59:10 pm »
If you are the youngest in the area by 15 years and the people visiting are 40-60 it sounds to me like your neighbours are all 60-80.

Correct ish 90 plus too.

How do you know that they are not in a support bubble.

Support bubbles are for people in single households only, only one is on his own, he's not getting these visits as we support him and he has no family.  These visiting are in groups, haven't been here for weeks or months, not to mention the distances they travelled, no not support bubbles, just twats.   
Later

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: 09 January 2021, 02:05:01 pm »
If you are the youngest in the area by 15 years and the people visiting are 40-60 it sounds to me like your neighbours are all 60-80.

Correct ish 90 plus too.

How do you know that they are not in a support bubble.

Support bubbles are for people in single households only, only one is on his own, he's not getting these visits as we support him and he has no family.  These visiting are in groups, haven't been here for weeks or months, not to mention the distances they travelled, no not support bubbles, just twats.   
I see. Call the police then.

As for support bubbles there is no limit on the distance to go and support a single person or the single person to go to them, but there is advice to try and keep your support local.

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: 09 January 2021, 02:58:02 pm »
I see. Call the police then.

Not my way.

As for support bubbles there is no limit on the distance to go and support a single person or the single person to go to them, but there is advice to try and keep your support local.

A support bubble is where you support someone on a regular bases 1 -2 time per week, be on call available to help at short notice etc.  These live 3 - 4 hours drive away bringing kids.  It's your sort of 'playing around in the grey areas' i.e. what is local, it doesn't say I can't etc, admittedly the law isn't written well and needs more definition, but when you consider who's written it, it's hardly surprising  :rolleyes  that allows these sorts to take the piss.  The 2 women yesterday and others caught in Derbyshire springs to mind, it's my right and I'm going to do it etc etc  :thumbdown fine under normal circumstances, but during a world pandemic, just thick, selfish twats  :finger   

This wave of the pandemic is out of control in many areas of the country, experts are now saying unless it's brought under control fast, any gain from the early vaccine role out will be lost :(  All that will happen if it continues more will get infected, hospitalised, die and the NHS will be overrun (it already is in some areas) this will also cost non Covid deaths, not just delayed cancer/out patience but RTC's, work accidents etc, to say nothing of the NHS staff who're standing on the front line.  The government will be forced to increase restrictions and that's already being called for and I'm fairly certain that will happen, all thanks to twats who play around in the grey areas.    :finger   

Later

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: 09 January 2021, 03:22:38 pm »

A support bubble is where you support someone on a regular bases 1 -2 time per week, be on call available to help at short notice etc.

Wrong. Go and read the Government website on the rules of support bubbles. Also there are no restrictions on the on the size of the supporting bubbled household. And no restriction on the distance needed to travel to do the support Go and read the Government website there is no grey - its all in black and white.
« Last Edit: 09 January 2021, 03:23:24 pm by fazersharp »

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: 09 January 2021, 03:28:39 pm »
Wrong. Go and read the Government website on the rules of support bubbles. Also there are no restrictions on the on the size of the supporting bubbled household. And no restriction on the distance needed to travel to do the support Go and read the Government website there is no grey - its all in black and white.

There's is no way two family members and kids turning up, after driving well over a 100 miles is a support bubble, grey areas :rolleyes

If the cap fits wear it  :lol :lol :lol :lol  twats
Later

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: 09 January 2021, 03:43:58 pm »

There's is no way two family members and kids turning up, after driving well over a 100 miles is a support bubble, grey areas :rolleyes

Go and read the Gov website - any size of household can be a support bubble and the only thing it says about distance to go and support is " it is best if this is with a household who live locally".So yes of course its best if they can live locally but what about if they don't.
 Also support is not limited to providing physical help or doing the shopping like you do for your neighbour but was also introduced as a recognition of those living alone and needing mental health support. 
« Last Edit: 09 January 2021, 03:45:03 pm by fazersharp »

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3762 on: 09 January 2021, 03:49:01 pm »

Any size household can be a support bubble but the bubbleeeee must be a single person house hold. Single person households include households that have a single parent with children under 18 or where you have older people and one is a carer for the other.

Go and read the Gov website - any size of household can be a support bubble and the only thing it says about distance to go and support is " it is best if this is with a household who live locally".So yes of course its best if they can live locally but what about if they don't.
 Also support is not limited to providing physical help or doing the shopping like you do for your neighbour but was also introduced as a recognition of those living alone and needing mental health support. 
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: 09 January 2021, 04:11:24 pm »
From the government website -

What is a support bubble?
"If you form a support bubble, it is best if this is with a household who live locally. This will help prevent the virus spreading from an area where more people are infected." 
  • This reinforces what Gnasher has said - in order words use common sense, don't be traveling 100+ miles. Also these kinds of distances will potentially run afoul of Teir travel restrictions/guidelines.
  • And to counter the 'its all there in black and white' statement,  the above "it is best" statement above completely shuts that argument down. Clearly the government are completely incapable of being black and white about the rules, so how can they expect the population to?
  • Regarding the number of people allowed in a support bubble, again the government have been unclear. But common sense should take over here. For example you could logically interoperate the pre-existing 'rule of six'. If both support bubbles combined is over six then, then don't be turning up with with the wife and kids. Then when you do have to do a support visit, don't be getting withing 2m of the person your doing the support visit for.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you can't quarantine it either. But moving on, this thread is bordering on getting political. Find something else to discuss chaps.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3764 on: 09 January 2021, 04:25:29 pm »
The full write up is here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/making-a-support-bubble-with-another-household

Who can make a support bubble
Not everybody can form a support bubble. However, on 2 December the rules changed to widen eligibility for forming one.

You can form a support bubble with another household of any size if:

you live by yourself – even if carers visit you to provide support
you are the only adult in your household who does not need continuous care as a result of a disability
your household includes a child who is under the age of one or was under that age on 2 December 2020
your household includes a child with a disability who requires continuous care and is under the age of 5, or was under that age on 2 December 2020
you are aged 16 or 17 living with others of the same age and without any adults
you are a single adult living with one or more children who are under the age of 18 or were under that age on 12 June 2020
You should not form a support bubble with a household that is part of another support bubble.

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3765 on: 09 January 2021, 04:37:42 pm »
Later

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: 09 January 2021, 04:38:53 pm »
From the government website -

What is a support bubble?
"If you form a support bubble, it is best if this is with a household who live locally. This will help prevent the virus spreading from an area where more people are infected." 
  • This reinforces what Gnasher has said - in order words use common sense, don't be traveling 100+ miles. Also these kinds of distances will potentially run afoul of Teir travel restrictions/guidelines.
  • And to counter the 'its all there in black and white' statement,  the above "it is best" statement above completely shuts that argument down. Clearly the government are completely incapable of being black and white about the rules, so how can they expect the population to?
  • Regarding the number of people allowed in a support bubble, again the government have been unclear. But common sense should take over here. For example you could logically interoperate the pre-existing 'rule of six'. If both support bubbles combined is over six then, then don't be turning up with with the wife and kids. Then when you do have to do a support visit, don't be getting withing 2m of the person your doing the support visit for.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you can't quarantine it either. But moving on, this thread is bordering on getting political. Find something else to discuss chaps.
Also these kinds of distances will potentially run afoul of Teir travel restrictions/guidelines.
Will put aside the fact that there are no tiers right now but when there were tiers there was no restrictions on a support bubble moving between tiers.     
"Regarding the number of people allowed in a support bubble, again the government have been unclear."
Wrong - its perfectly clear from the gov.uk site ---You can form a support bubble with another household of any size
Then when you do have to do a support visit, don't be getting within 2m of the person your doing the support visit for
.Wrong also

from the gov.uk site you do not need to maintain social distance with people in your support bubble
« Last Edit: 09 January 2021, 04:56:54 pm by fazersharp »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: 09 January 2021, 04:42:10 pm »
More twats https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55601600

Or rather C*&ts  :evil

Yes idiots. And while I was reading it on the same page was a link to explain how support bubbles work  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52637354

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: 09 January 2021, 05:00:32 pm »
Wrong - its perfectly clear
from the gov.uk site ---You can form a support bubble with another household of any size
Then when you do have to do a support visit, don't be getting within 2m of the person your doing the support visit for
.Wrong also

One person living alone can yes, as said my previous these I'm referring to aren't living alone, they're are living with their wife/husbands or partners. With family mum/dad and the kids turning up after driving a 100 miles plus.  Not a support bubble just selfish twats  :finger

from the gov.uk site you do not need to maintain social distance with people in your support bubble

Who mentioned anything about this?

I appears as always you don't read things fully before, going off half cocked  :lol

As said if the cap fits wear it  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
Later

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: 09 January 2021, 05:16:29 pm »

Who mentioned anything about this?

I appears as always you don't read things fully before, going off half cocked  :lol

As said if the cap fits wear it  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
Tiz you not reading things fully  before, going off half cocked. I was replying to B1k3rdude - he mentioned it - I even included his quoted post in my post.

Yes your neighbours seem to be breaking the law -- do the right thing and report them.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: 09 January 2021, 05:21:18 pm »
You can also have both a support bubble and a childcare bubble. So for instance we have my wife's best friend for a support bubble as she is a single mum of a 7 year old and has no family (except a Dad who's in a care home with dementia) then we are also in a child car bubble with the in laws so that they can have the kids over at theirs every now and again (their choice not ours)

But on the note of the lockdown, I took my kids down the seafront for our daily walk and it was packed! May aswell gave been the middle of the summer. Roads aren't really any emptier either.
I read on the news about how the Gov is moaning that more and more people are bending the rules but honestly what do they expect. After nearly a full year of restrictions People are sick to death of it all. I honestly don't know anyone that supports these restrictions or think they work and the vast majority of people would rather just be left to get on with it.

I think the disillusion is starting to set it with even the strictest of people because it feels like you can't win. You follow the rules, don't see your family, lose all your savings... and yet you still get locked down. So you may as well have ignored it all and did what you wanted.... you'd be in the same position now either way 🤷‍♂️

On the plus side if the infection keeps spreading the way it is we will have all had it by the end of winter. Heard immunity achieved and the government can make some money sleeing off all the vaccines to poorer countries 😅😉

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3771 on: 09 January 2021, 06:08:04 pm »

One person living alone can yes, as said my previous these I'm referring to aren't living alone, they're are living with their wife/husbands or partners. With family mum/dad and the kids turning up after driving a 100 miles plus.  Not a support bubble just selfish twats  :finger

They probably are just selfish twats but the defnition of alone includes households of more than one where the people are ill, acting as carers etc. My dad doesnt live alone. HE lives with my step mum who is undergoing cancer treatment so he is her carer. Under the rules he can form a bubble with another household. Being sensible though, he is keeping himself to himself and myself/brother are just meeting him on his driveway once or twice a week for a socially distanced beer to keep his spirits up. Its feccin cold this time of year though!!

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3772 on: 09 January 2021, 06:08:57 pm »
and we take our own beer to keep distanced!

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: 09 January 2021, 06:16:06 pm »
You can also have both a support bubble and a childcare bubble. So for instance we have my wife's best friend for a support bubble as she is a single mum of a 7 year old and has no family (except a Dad who's in a care home with dementia) then we are also in a child car bubble with the in laws so that they can have the kids over at theirs every now and again (their choice not ours)

Yep if it's them looking after your kids while you work etc, fine but only you or your Mrs should drop them off or collect them individually.  If it's just for them to see your kids, it shouldn't be happening and they/you are running a risk of them catching it, from your kids or you.  Remember under 16s mainly don't have any symptoms what's so ever, but pass it either to you or your older family members, it's also possible you or your Mrs is asymptomatic too.  The virus is spreading because people are spreading it, it's not spreading it's self, many are just in denial of this fact.  Someone known to me, was doing what your doing, his mums now sadly died  :( Not a risk worth taking in my book.   

But on the note of the lockdown, I took my kids down the seafront for our daily walk and it was packed! May aswell gave been the middle of the summer. Roads aren't really any emptier either.
Yep twats

I read on the news about how the Gov is moaning that more and more people are bending the rules but honestly what do they expect. After nearly a full year of restrictions People are sick to death of it all. I honestly don't know anyone that supports these restrictions or think they work and the vast majority of people would rather just be left to get on with it.

Sure and more, possibly someone you know or care about will die or be seriously buggered for sometime or the rest of their life.  I totally support these current restrictions, I for one think there not strong enough.  I want this virus beat, to achieve that we've got to step up and get on with it.

I think the disillusion is starting to set it with even the strictest of people because it feels like you can't win. You follow the rules, don't see your family, lose all your savings... and yet you still get locked down.

We can win and would be if twats didn't keep bending and breaking the rules.  That said, the government hasn't and isn't helping, with too little, too late and mixed messaging.  If you're one of the 3m ish that went self employed less than a year before this started, then yes it's hard, unfair and the government should be doing far more to help you/them.  If you're just furloughed you should be fine, providing you wasn't living beyond you means and not declaring income.  Not seeing our families is disappointing but a necessary tool to fight the virus. I've not seen my lads for well over 8 months and if it keeps going probably another 8 months, but the longer I do the safer they and I am and if we all had the same attitude this virus will get beat sooner rather than later.  We have a 2 choices, both are different levels of a shit sandwich, one ends got a lot more shit, i.e. give in more die, NHS get flattened, it goes on longer and longer, economy crashes lot of shit end or follow the advice and we get out of it little shit end?  All the winging, complaining, rule bending is futile the virus doesn't care and will kill regardless. 

Like it or not there's is no other choices, take your pick.           

So you may as well have ignored it all and did what you wanted.... you'd be in the same position now either way

But alive and not possibly damaged  ;)

On the plus side if the infection keeps spreading the way it is we will have all had it by the end of winter. Heard immunity achieved and the government can make some money sleeing off all the vaccines to poorer countries

As far as they know you don't get any immunity, herd or otherwise many have had the virus multiple times.  I know people who work NHS front line who have and they tell me colleges of theirs have died or were/are seriously ill after catching it a second/third time.   

Yes it's crap, yes it's unfair, yes I don't like it, but none of us have much choice beyond the 2 stated above.   
« Last Edit: 09 January 2021, 06:26:19 pm by Gnasher »
Later

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: 09 January 2021, 06:18:19 pm »
They probably are just selfish twats but the defnition of alone includes households of more than one where the people are ill, acting as carers etc. My dad doesnt live alone. HE lives with my step mum who is undergoing cancer treatment so he is her carer. Under the rules he can form a bubble with another household. Being sensible though, he is keeping himself to himself and myself/brother are just meeting him on his driveway once or twice a week for a socially distanced beer to keep his spirits up. Its feccin cold this time of year though!!

Yes, but they are both at risk and need support.  The law/rules allow for this as you rightly point out mate and I'm guessing you're not driving 200 plus miles round trip  :)
« Last Edit: 09 January 2021, 06:19:21 pm by Gnasher »
Later