General > General

wiring guru needed

(1/3) > >>

chaz46:
On my BSA A50 import from America, its running Boyer ignition and 12v battery but no ignition switch only two rocker switches. one presumably the ignition on /off and the other headlights.
Ive never come across this sort of wiring before. from the diagram I would like to know a few things.
1/. both high and low beam are joined into relay 1, will the relay dip the bulb?
2/. are both 20amp fuses needed in line?
3/. probably need a horn and rear brake switch, where is the best place to feed from?
4/. 2 relays? are they both needed?

going to rewire but there are brackets fitted and the frame has been powder coated as is. just looking to replace old wire for new.
thanks..

BBROWN1664:
can you upload the diagram in a normal format? I cant open it.

unfazed:
Double check you wiring as the diagram appears incorrect for the operation of the relays.

Relay will  just switch power to the lights and your diagram has the high and low beams on together. You will need a change over switch for the lights to switch from low to high. A change over switch will take 3 wires. In your drawing the Blk/Yell will go to the center pole of the switch and the  Blue and White will go to the outer 2poles.

BBROWN1664:

--- Quote from: unfazed on 04 April 2024, 12:06:29 am ---Double check you wiring as the diagram appears incorrect for the operation of the relays.

Relay will  just switch power to the lights and your diagram has the high and low beams on together. You will need a change over switch for the lights to switch from low to high. A change over switch will take 3 wires. In your drawing the Blk/Yell will go to the center pole of the switch and the  Blue and White will go to the outer 2poles.

--- End quote ---

On older vehicles it was common for dipped to remain on when high beam came on so it may not be incorrect.

unfazed:
Any BSAs I've rewired had dual filament bulbs. The charging systems didn't have enough power to light two bulbs at the same time. It struggled with one. The days of candles in brown bottles is what we referred to them as  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version