Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZ6 / Fazer

Throttle position sensor

<< < (2/2)

agricola:
Comments are appreciated, but Id already got the TPS off, relying on the info from the multi meter. The new TPS will be here tomorrow, first thing is to check the readings of the new one to see if they conform to the info in the manuals. If they do, then Ill fit it and refit assemblies.

unfazed:
Missed that you were referring to the FZ6 and changed my post to reflect same and the test is very accurately mentioned by Grahamm

agricola:
Installed the new TPS this afternoon. Two bits of good news, no parts left over, and the bike is running much better now, thottle response is as it should be. I checked the resistances of the new one before fitting and before refitting the throttle bodies, just to make sure it was within spec. Graham, is the info you posted regarding diagnostics, what do the numbers refer to, and are they adjustable through the system? Where did you find that info?

Grahamm:

--- Quote from: agricola on 14 June 2023, 09:05:19 pm ---I checked the resistances of the new one before fitting and before refitting the throttle bodies, just to make sure it was within spec. Graham, is the info you posted regarding diagnostics, what do the numbers refer to, and are they adjustable through the system? Where did you find that info?

--- End quote ---

The info came from the Haynes manual, but it's the same in the official Yamaha Service manual.

The values are for resistance (I think), but what really matters is that they scroll smoothly up and down through the range, from what I recally, the original TPS had an issue where it could suddenly drop to zero causing the engine to die unexpectedly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version