Date: 19-04-24  Time: 21:00 pm

Author Topic: AMERICAN IMPORT HELP / NEWBIE  (Read 6860 times)

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
Re: AMERICAN IMPORT HELP / NEWBIE
« Reply #25 on: 13 March 2015, 10:37:09 pm »
Another dead give away its a USA import is the reflectors on the front forks and it should have them on the back as that's USA law.

Also the indicators on the US model a much larger in size than the UK version. Also anyone noticed the whole rear mudguard is missing and some tail-plate thing in its place.
There are plenty of used FZS1000 in better condition around,

Have a look on this very forum, you'll find the Fazers on here in far better cond. and looked after than ones in dealers.

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php?topic=16235.0
« Last Edit: 13 March 2015, 10:47:42 pm by b1k3rdude »

fatbloke62

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 March 2015, 07:18:37 am »
morning ,some years ago I brought a 600 fazer  from one of the uk 's biggest chain ,after 12 months of proud ownership I took it for its mot (not at said stealer i got it from) it failed !!! turns out it had continental headlights in, and yes I only rode in daylight so I  didn't notice the beam pattern ,after taking it back I was told I had damaged the bile and put cheap euro lights in . After checking all the hpi papers bill of sale etc saying it was a full uk bike  I then checked with Yamaha direct who told me the bike was a Greek  model . After speaking to a legal advisor and armed with all the evidence I went back and threatened them with the M.D  of the company ,ministry of transport etc at that point I was offered a like for like exchange the only other fazer in stock was 3 years newer and lower mileage, result . so don't take no for an answer the law is on your side fight to get  your brass back and walk away

PS my bike had come from Europe to northern Ireland registered there then on to the uk  .Also another easy check for a euro bike is which side the steering lock is ,in case it falls over they are supposed to roll kerbside .

robertm113

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - CBF 125 MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 16 March 2015, 03:34:47 pm »
Hello,

Thank's for all your advice and help.

Seeing as I work in a Yamaha and Suzuki main dealer, I decided my colleague Ken is much better at these things than me.

So he pretty much told them as it was, the bike's a write off and he wants his money back. They requested the proof of it being a write off which was emailed to them. They then came back and said we'll give your money back, but could you send the log book back first, I was gobsmacked a dealership would've sent a log book to someone who hadn't even paid? Initial thoughts were that they could say that I bought the bike off them and hadn't paid in full and could've sued me for the rest.. So we called back and they've apparently sent a cheque for the full £750 in the post tonight..

But thanks for all your help.

I've since decided to keep looking and not rush to buy the first fazer with low miles  :lol

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 16 March 2015, 03:45:02 pm »
Your cheque is in the post  :lol

A bit like "I wont come in your mouth"  :rollin

Good luck BTW

robertm113

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - CBF 125 MA
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 16 March 2015, 04:00:46 pm »
Your cheque is in the post  :lol

A bit like "I wont come in your mouth"  :rollin

Good luck BTW

:lol  or "of course i love you"... but we'll soon see.. surely there's only so much shit that can come out of someones mouth.

Cheers man.

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 16 March 2015, 08:34:54 pm »
If your still looking for a FZS this may be of interest
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2461031592/

Hope the link works, belongs to a mates dad, can honestly say it's a minter, also reckon he's asking around £500 less than he should be a true bargain for anyone that's after a Fazer.