Date: 15-05-24  Time: 21:04 pm

Author Topic: Motad SS System  (Read 823 times)

bryaneidins

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Car
    • View Profile
Motad SS System
« on: 03 December 2016, 08:33:36 am »
I've owned my bike now for approx. 2 weeks and love it! Yesterday I removed the removable baffle from the end pipe and i've got to say it has really smoothed out the acceleration. Before, putting the power on around roundabouts  was a bit on/off (this may be down to me though as being a 'new rider ) but now it seems to be a lot more gradual. Also it sounds a bit more deeper which is what I was looking for.

One very happy rider  :D

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Motad SS System
« Reply #1 on: 03 December 2016, 09:43:57 am »
You've increased the air flow.
As the bike's new to you, you should consider doing simple servicing yourself.
This would include the air filter, and i would recommend a K&N air filter, which from your description of performance the bike would really appreciate.
Don't worry about the price, not only is it the last air filter you'll ever buy for the bike, but the grin factor and throttle response is more than worth it.  :thumbup

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K-N-YA-6098-Replacement-Air-Filter-YAMAHA-FZS600-FAZER-98-03-/271554624060?hash=item3f39eaba3c:g:oEIAAOxy~g5RrHug

More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Kenbob

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 December 2016, 07:18:24 pm »
I used to use k&n air filters a long time ago and had to oil them after cleaning, are these k&n filters the same and if so do they come pre oiled.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 December 2016, 08:59:26 pm »
Yeah, they'll come ready to go.
After a bit of research i found out that the cleaning spray that you're meant to use has the same ingredients as washing powder, so i clean mine now using this in warm water.
I use the K&N oil spray though once dried out. Normally a job on a hot sunny day. 8)
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.