• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Re: EU!
« Reply #175 on: 27 June 2016, 11:50:30 am »
We will stop paying non-UK citizens any benefits s

And of course 95% of EU citizens living in the UK are in employment, and they pay taxes. A much greater proportion than UK citizens
« Last Edit: 27 June 2016, 11:53:12 am by mtread »

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 27 June 2016, 12:53:10 pm »
The shape of things to come?
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 27 June 2016, 01:33:27 pm »
I've just brought my lunch up  :look

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #178 on: 27 June 2016, 02:49:28 pm »

And of course 95% of EU citizens living in the UK are in employment, and they pay taxes. A much greater proportion than UK citizens

Yes, but there are a proportion who are here claiming child benefit, and other benefits like housing benefits, which make the UK more appealing than staying in their home country. Removing these benefits and leaving them with just their earnings will make them think twice and therefore reduce the cost to the UK taxpayer by reducing the benefits we pay out.
Unemployed English people will have the option of taking the now vacant jobs and we end up paying even less benefits to them.

The downside that will affect some is that the local car was will no longer exist as some British unemployed see that as too much effort for the money.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #179 on: 27 June 2016, 05:43:16 pm »
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 27 June 2016, 09:01:47 pm »

The vote was won by outers and lost by inners that is it - end of. What we should all do now is unite and get behind the result - support it and make it work.

Well No.  In fact there are two chances of that, one – none, and two – fuck all.

Firstly, remember why we had this referendum.  It was to unite the conservative party in order to win a general election.  It wasn’t because it was a good idea (it patently was not), or because the Prime Minister wanted to hold it, or because even a majority of MP’s wanted it.

Secondly, this is unprecedented.  A lot of halfwits, who apparently had never in their lives before voted (and I’m not talking first time voters), registered to vote and voted leave.  So I’ll explain what unprecedented means, it means we’ve never done this before, which in turns means nobody knows exactly how to do it.

Thirdly – what we do know.  Two countries in our Union voted to LEAVE, two voted to REMAIN.

Now as some of you know I’m a Scot.  Scotland voted decisively to REMAIN.  Our government will do everything it can to keep Scotland in the EU.  That means we won’t be cooperating with any UK withdrawal from the EU.  Membership of the EU is written into the parliaments of Northern Ireland and Scotland as well as the Welsh assembly. 

Scotland has 54 SNP MP’s at Westminster.  They will vote against any legislation to leave the EU.  I would expect the other 3 Scottish MPs to do likewise.

The dirty filthy gutter rag the Sun is for once correct.  490 out of 650 MPs in the commons are REMAIN MPs.  For the UK to leave the EU they have to vote against their own strongly held beliefs and principles.  And on what?  A referendum that should never have been held.

So our Scottish MP’s will be voting against any legislation to LEAVE the EU, and they will be doing everything they can on the behalf of the Scottish people to get the other 433 pro EU MPs to do the same.

Some of you might not like it.  But that my friends is how our democracy works. 

So as the referendum was not legally binding, do not assume, for even one minute, that you will actually be leaving the EU.

Have a nice day BREXITers! :D

Funnily enough, I've been expecting this reply, but didn't expect it from you - I see you mention that Scotland has 54 MP's in Westminster and that they will all vote against the decision to Leave - well fook me if that doesn't sum up the stupidity of our system.

1.8 million voters in Scotland get 54 MP's and they're going to try to scupper the vote of 17 million other UK voters.

4 million UKIP voters get 1 MP - basically ineffective in parliamentary voting.

If ever there was an over-represented minority, Scotland is it !

Now, I'm definitely not a UKIP supporter, but it am a bit fed up of this whole argument and especially Nicola Sturgeon (having now "lost" two referendum's she's going all out to overturn them - what a surprise). The MAJORITY of Scottish voters, voted not long ago to stay in the UK and part of that meant abiding with the UK constitution and the well known, well followed, way of doing things. The majority of Scotland's voters (but I suspect not you - although I may be wrong) voted to be in, and act as part of, the U.K.

Scotland's voter's votes counted in the EU referendum just as much as every English, Irish, or Welsh members of the U.K., one vote per voter, and the majority of the UK's voters went for Leave. Please just accept it and stop moaning on about how it was all a Tory party unity scam referendum - it most certainly was not.

No one that I know, or have spoken to, felt that this was anything to do with the Tory party. - EVERYONE was certain that they were voting were voting on whether to be part of the EU or not. FFS the labour leader was campaigning for the same thing as DC - that's a really good strategy for DC to take to unite the Tories - promise something that your main opposition are supporting as a way to unite you party, really ?[size=78%].[/size]

If that's the case, then obviously I'm too stupid and naive to be a politician (which I'm fine with).

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 27 June 2016, 09:37:17 pm »

As Scotland, Wales and NI all receive more in EU subsidies than they pay, I doubt the EU would want them back. As it is, other member countries will need to pay more to cover the loss of the UK payments.

I suspect that Scotland probably does do well out of the EU.  The EU rural development fund has done much for our rural communities, a lot of investment that frankly I don't think Westminster would have otherwise made.  And it's investment that has paid off.

Now Scotland is a wealthy country, the 48th wealthiest in the world (not bad considering our tiny population).  In terms of GDP per person we are the 14th wealthiest country in the world.  And Scotland has contributed to the industrialisation and modernisation of the world like no other.  We are the 12th largest economy in the EU as it is, and obviously again rank higher in terms of GDP per person. 
Anyway Scotland is in the EU, it is a matter of whether we are to be dragged out against our will by England or not.
Further your logic doesn’t add up.  The EU takes’ developing’ nations in as new members, invests in them as members, diversifying and strengthening the EU economy as a whole.
There is only one reason that the EU may not want Scotland as a returning member (assuming we were forced to leave by England), and that is that Spain may try to veto Scotland’s membership.
Removing these benefits and leaving them with just their earnings will make them
think twice and therefore reduce the cost to the UK taxpayer by reducing the benefits we pay out.
You know perhaps there are some benefit reforms and trimming required here and there.  But, look, it’s pin money.  Yet again benefits are being used by the establishment to pull the wool over the eyes of working people.  What about the Amazon’s, the Googles, Vodaphone, Starbucks and the multitude of other multinational companies that come here, make a fortune here, but pay no tax.  That’s where the money is, that’s what needs sorted.
The French are moving on this, and we should be pulling together with the French within the EU to get new laws passed that ensures that these big companies pay their dues in every country within the EU in which they trade.  Westminster ain’t gonna do it, and the working man in England continues to be blinded by benefits and xenophobia!

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 27 June 2016, 09:58:39 pm »

1.8 million voters in Scotland get 54 MP's and they're going to try to scupper the vote of 17 million other UK voters.

4 million UKIP voters get 1 MP - basically ineffective in parliamentary voting.

If ever there was an over-represented minority, Scotland is it !

Naturally I disagree Millietant :D   Scotland has only 57 MP’s out of 650 MP’s.  You know the last referendum in the UK was on voting reform.  The UK rejected voting reform.  I think that was a mistake, but we have what we have.  And Scotland is most certainly not over represented.

Now, I'm definitely not a UKIP supporter, but it am a bit fed up of this whole argument and especially Nicola Sturgeon (having now "lost" two referendum's she's going all out to overturn them - what a surprise). The MAJORITY of Scottish voters, voted not long ago to stay in the UK and part of that meant abiding with the UK constitution and the well known, well followed, way of doing things. The majority of Scotland's voters (but I suspect not you - although I may be wrong) voted to be in, and act as part of, the U.K.
Nicola Sturgeon’s SNP lost the Independence referendum, but let us not forget that Better Together insisted that Scots who wished to remain as part of the EU must vote to remain in the UK.  We were told the only way to guarantee our continued membership of the EU was to vote NO in the Indy ref.

Now, if we do indeed have BREXIT (I have my doubts as I’ve already spelled out), we in Scotland will be dragged out of the EU against our will.  That represents a broken promise and a major material change in our country.  Many NO voters feel that have been conned.  And with such a significant material change, well I don’t think anybody will be able to stop another INDY REF, and I think we all know what the result will be.  And that in turn means the end of The United Kingdom and Great Britain.

And please, the SNP, The Scottish Labour Party, The Scottish Tory Party, The Scottish Lid Dems and The Scottish Greens all won in Scotland last Thursday.  Scotland’s political parties are united on this issue and they won a decisive mandate from the Scottish people to go out there and fight to keep us in Europe.

Scotland's voter's votes counted in the EU referendum just as much as every English, Irish, or Welsh members of the U.K., one vote per voter, and the majority of the UK's voters went for Leave. Please just accept it and stop moaning on about how it was all a Tory party unity scam referendum - it most certainly was not.

The UK is what it says it is – a union.  Two countries voted out, two countries voted to remain.  Why should England decide the way forward for Northern Ireland or Scotland against the will of their people.  REMAIN won in Scotland.  REMAIN won in Northern Ireland.  We are not leaving the EU.

« Last Edit: 27 June 2016, 10:24:39 pm by VNA »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 27 June 2016, 11:22:13 pm »
Just to get technical ....... Wales isn't a separate country. It doesn't have a government, it has an Assembly (with far fewer powers). Within the United Kingdom there are only 3 'countries' - Scotland, Northern Ireland, and 'England & Wales'.

Scotland and Ireland were separate Kingdoms which joined in Unions, but Wales was just ....... annexed. So technically two thirds of the UK decided to stay  :D

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 27 June 2016, 11:24:39 pm »
Sorted!  We REMAIN!

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 27 June 2016, 11:28:47 pm »
Slaninar's link

An interesting read. Just watched BBC London news interviewing voters on Canvey Island (near me) and I wept ....
« Last Edit: 27 June 2016, 11:30:13 pm by mtread »

Razgruff

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R XS750
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 28 June 2016, 12:22:40 am »
gotta love the Brexiters banging on about being governed (when they're not. they just have to adhere to a few rules of the club) from Brussells some 300 miles away from England.
Who can't grasp the concept of Scotland being governed from London  some 300 miles away from Scotland. and wanting independence  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 28 June 2016, 12:42:46 am »
Scotland's currency could have a big effect on GDP after independence                 Scotland is a comparatively rich country when you consider that the population is relatively small, but the figures being used are looking at the position of Scotland as it currently stands within the set-up of the UK.
Much would depend on the negotiations after the referendum, and the investment decisions of big companies.
The size of any country's GDP is hugely affected by the currency too, so if whether or not Scotland were to stay in a Sterling currency union, could have a big effect.
The GDP per person figures also do not show how wealth is spread out within a country. Scotland may well be comparatively rich as an independent country, but whether or not large parts of the population would "feel rich" would depend on the policies of a post-independence Scottish government.

How much would the GDP of Scotland change if it became independent?

Slaninar

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #188 on: 28 June 2016, 08:51:23 am »
England are definitely going out of EUROpe!  :b

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 28 June 2016, 09:41:59 am »
And it wasn't even a EU team  :eek

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 28 June 2016, 09:06:24 pm »
England are definitely going out of EUROpe!  :b

No offence guys but I need to post this one  :lol

Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 29 June 2016, 01:35:14 am »
Englishman, Scotsman, Welshman and Irishman walk into a pub. Then immediately they all get out, because the Englishman wants to exit.
Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 29 June 2016, 11:33:45 pm »
Englishman, Scotsman, Welshman and Irishman walk into a pub. Then immediately they all get out, because the Englishman wants to exit.
:rollin :rollin :rollin

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 30 June 2016, 12:05:07 pm »
So just this morning Gove has said he is running and just a few moments ago Borris has made an "astonishing shock" announcement that he will NOT be standing.

Here is what I said on the 23rd June when it was even looking like a stay vote

It will be an out vote then DC and Osborn will go, then there will be a leadership election in which Gove will be pm with Boris not wanting the job

Dont worry about my Osborne will be going prediction because as soon as there is a new leader and HE has a reshuffle Dosh-born will be gone
« Last Edit: 30 June 2016, 12:54:03 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 30 June 2016, 01:58:42 pm »
I wonder if they'll reverse the decision to exit blaming those who stood before for the result 
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

Slaninar

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #195 on: 30 June 2016, 03:31:35 pm »

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 30 June 2016, 06:24:49 pm »
I was speaking to some pole,s today they want us out as well.  they are also fed up with the mess.
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 30 June 2016, 07:33:01 pm »
Lots of anti-English "racism" going on here !

I'm not one for jumping on the pc bandwagon, but it doesn't seem fair that there's criticism and arrests for racism regarding jokes about other countries and ethnicities, but it's perfectly OK to be racist about the English.

I'm hurt and shocked that the Remainers would sink to this level.

Incoming.......................

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 30 June 2016, 07:54:40 pm »
Two wrongs do not make a right.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 30 June 2016, 08:03:49 pm »
saying this as a proud welsh man,  at the end of the day we are all BRITISH,  when push comes to shove I would stand side by side with my countrymen,    shoulder to shoulder.      5uck the rest.
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)