Date: 27-04-24  Time: 23:09 pm

Author Topic: Front end follow up to recent R6 shock upgrade  (Read 1218 times)

Camshaft

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Front end follow up to recent R6 shock upgrade
« on: 17 January 2014, 07:33:53 am »
Just raised the forks through the yokes by 11mm to compliment the recent R6 shock upgrade.
I had to make a couple of 11mm spacer/bush's to sit the GYT-R bar blocks on as the underside of the bars gave only a 1-2mm gap to top of fork adjusters. I removed the studs and replaced them with zink plated bolts as couldn't find any longer studs from various fastener suppliers.

Now tomorrow for a ride to see he she feels  :rolleyes
where does the muffler go?

Camshaft

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Front end follow up to recent R6 shock upgrade
« Reply #1 on: 19 January 2014, 09:48:28 am »
For anyone interested that hasn't done this mod I recommend it. First corner taken you will notice the more direct turn in with the bike lower up front. Got to know the diff better today with a 200km ride through some familiar twisties and am glad for this mod recommended from Devilsyam from memory. A Tuono passed me on some corners and then he couldn't get away from me over a 4km set of corners up and down a hill. No bad for a gen 1 beast not to be shown the door by a late model italian fighter.
where does the muffler go?

Davieg47

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 January 2014, 01:59:44 pm »
For anyone interested that hasn't done this mod I recommend it. First corner taken you will notice the more direct turn in with the bike lower up front. Got to know the diff better today with a 200km ride through some familiar twisties and am glad for this mod recommended from Devilsyam from memory.

This is the best mod to be done, and makes a remarkable difference to the way the bike handles.many thanks again to Devilsyam for mod. :)
« Last Edit: 19 January 2014, 02:01:07 pm by Davieg47 »
Many Thanks
Davie

djhep6

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 February 2014, 03:51:09 pm »
I also fitted the R6 shock a few months ago, and was really pleased with the difference in handling.
I've now fitted new k-tech fork springs, re-filled with fresh oil, and raised the forks through the yokes 12 mm.
I would say that it's the same difference again.
No diving under braking into corners anymore, and much quicker steering in the twisties.....

A big, big improvement for 300 quid or so and a few hours work.....

Cheers.

Dave.