Date: 06-05-24  Time: 21:01 pm

Author Topic: Rearsets  (Read 1946 times)

reillypadraig

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Rearsets
« on: 23 April 2013, 12:22:47 am »
Has anyone looked at replacement pegs? I'm only riding awhile but I'm starting to feel the pegs abit goofy when I'm going through consecutive tight turns, I'm not saying I'm racing the thing but doing the speed limit and I do find I shift myself on the seat( yes I have watched hundreds of vids on how to corner and hang off properly and even MCN's version..... )And I'm not knee down or anything mad,

Maybe it's just me but I just find alot of movement in them( and yes I have tightened the bolt) its the vertical movements and the rubber. Don't get me wrong bumpy roads and long spins there great!

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Rearsets
« Reply #1 on: 23 April 2013, 12:27:21 am »
Smaller wheels......  :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

reillypadraig

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 April 2013, 01:22:44 am »
Lol, not sure if that would help haha, really expensive though, just thought I'd throw it out there and to ask if anyone has done it

http://www.moorespeedracing.co.uk/yamaha-gilles-rearsets/fzs600-fazer-00-03-gilles-adjustable-rearsets.html

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 April 2013, 02:08:47 am »
Holy crap that's expensive!

Can't remember who, but someone YamFazMan on the forum made a piece of aluminium to allow the foot pegs to be moved back and up slightly to make them more like rearsets. The technical drawings have been posted up a few times that I've seen and a quick search has revealed this; http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,6896.msg65419.html#msg65419

gassitt

• Local user
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Got lots of others
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 April 2013, 09:00:55 am »
Yep , got them on my good one

Better feel as the pegs are solid, the adjustment bit is ok you can set them where you want but I found that they ended up in roughly the same position as standard, pegs slightly further back maybe but the best compromise I found for comfort and gearchange/brake pedal position

If you use rear brake a lot ( i dont) you may find the brake pedal foot pad a bit short and tucked in, but it can be spaced out a little

UG had some black ones for sale a while ago

packie

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Bandit 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 April 2013, 09:06:48 am »
Although the specs on the Fazer and the Bandits have the same ground clearance (130mm), my Fazer always seemed to to be in danger of scraping the footpegs in tight corners than with my Bandits. I don't think it's my imagination either. I have never scrope my footpeg on a tight corner under my normal riding style with any of my Bandits over the years, but under the same style riding, I have done so once with the Fazer and felt coming close on a few other occasions, so I know were you are coming from.

Rearsets and modifications in that area can be quite expensive so you might have to live with it. Instead of rearsets, you can get these bolt on plates for the Bandit that allow the pegs to be positioned about 20mm higher and a little back too...something which is described above in Dead Eye's post. They supply a longer gear lever bar which you might need also, but the guy who did the DIY job didn't need it. He made a decent enuff job in fairness. Buying them (if you can for the Fazer) are not cheap either, but significantly cheaper to buying rearsets.
« Last Edit: 23 April 2013, 09:13:52 am by packie »

reillypadraig

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 April 2013, 09:14:51 am »
It is yea, yea I did see that thread, lol I just read my old post on that thread where I was already giving out about my boots hitting the road hahha, seems jacking up helped a few out on this. Although I wasn't overly fond of what this done to my cousins bike and the way it handled but it might have just been set up wrong, still didn't give me massive clearance as I think I showed a picture of the cousins back tyre and how far I was over, didn't go over anymore for a number of reasons but boot scraping the ground was one of them

Hmm seems like I'm not the only one ( sigh of relief, my riding style was not challenged, lol)

How much did he sell them for? I wouldn't mind them but I wouldn't pay near £400 for them, but they do sound like a good job, few breakers might have them on couple of sports bikes but what's the chances that I find maybe an old r1 with them.... Anyone know if the distance between the peg bolts are the same on any other yam???