Date: 01-05-24  Time: 22:08 pm

Author Topic: Anyone Know Of A Windscreen?  (Read 1033 times)

midsomerjambo

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Anyone Know Of A Windscreen?
« on: 17 June 2021, 08:17:27 pm »
Hi all,

I dropped my FZ1S in my garage today (it was a really stupid thing that I'd rather not think about but I learned a lesson from it) but the upshot is it cost me my windscreen. Now, I know I can get one from some of the Yamaha parts sites but I think £175 is a bit steep for a piece of plastic (still, if that what it comes to I guess I'll have to bite the bullet). However I was wondering if anyone knows where I might source one a wee bit cheaper. It doesn't have to be new but I'd like it to be in reasonable nick and what I'd really like is that it has the Fazer logo across the bottom front, the way the original does (see attached photo). Any help will be massively appreciated.

Regards, Gerry

DubDubB

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Know Of A Windscreen?
« Reply #1 on: 18 June 2021, 08:57:33 am »
Is that definitely an original? My one just has a tiny Yamaha symbol at the bottom of it. What year is yours? I have a 2009. Could try Fowlers or ebay? Plenty after markets on ebay. I've been looking at getting a taller screen

midsomerjambo

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 June 2021, 04:55:58 pm »
You know, that's a really good question. It's October 2007 and having done a bit more research, most of what I've seen on offer has, as you say, the triple tuning fork logo rather than the Fazer logo like mine so I wonder if it might be some sort of custom job.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 18 June 2021, 06:59:38 pm by Dudeofrude »

Mike-FZS

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 June 2021, 09:27:41 am »
Looks like powerbronze to me. I broke mine too  :rollin Brought a replacement Powerbronze double bubble just smoked. Have you Considered looking at mra or ffabbri or taller screen  I have the latter now and it makes a world of difference

I went from clear double bubble to smoked yo the ffabbri

« Last Edit: 19 June 2021, 09:28:57 am by Mike-FZS »

midsomerjambo

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 June 2021, 10:56:15 am »
Many thanks @Mike-FZS and @Dudeofrude - it looks like you're right  :)  When I add Powerbronze to my search I get quite a lot of hits. The links you posted @Dudeofrude are for the 2005 model which is slightly different in that it doesn't have the "nose" at the bottom but it led to a few examples of the same one fitted to my 2007 model. So once again, many thanks - you've solved my problem and I'm very grateful.
[/size]
[/size]Regards, Gerry