Date: 20-05-24  Time: 08:12 am

Author Topic: Best way to Tune a 2006 fz1?  (Read 1962 times)

Goodlad

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Best way to Tune a 2006 fz1?
« on: 12 September 2015, 07:52:18 pm »
Hey lads. I recent picked up a 2006 fz1. Now im aware of the fueling issues this year has.
As far as i know the european fz1 is also restricted to 100bhp?  Correct me if i am wrong.

Trying to figure out the cheapest way to remove the restriction and sort out fueling.

Im looking at maybe sticking in a power commander an getting a custom map, this will give good fueling but will the built in restriction to the ecu still be in effect unless i flashed the ecu?

A local lad does ecu flashing while the bike is on a dyno so custom maps the ecu map. Maybe this would be the best way to go as the flash would remove any restrictions too?

Would love to hear from anyone who has done these mods an the results they got. Im not out for perfection, i just want that 100nhp restriction removed and the fueling improved.

Haugen

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to Tune a 2006 fz1?
« Reply #1 on: 12 September 2015, 10:09:29 pm »
As far as I know only the French version of the FZ1 has the 100 bhp restriction. If your bike is a French one there is a small tutorial on youtube on how to derestrict it, completely for free and quite easily.
Here, I found it for you:

Goodlad

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 September 2015, 01:32:15 pm »
Ah, thanks man. I thought it was all EU models. But i guess the ecu flash would remove them anyway.
Had a chat with the lad that does the flash and custom map and decided thats the way to go.

Ive a two brothers exhaust on the way for the bike. I see there is an Exup valve or something like that in the exhaust that can just be disconnected.
Is this the same thing as the servo?  Reason i ask is i see there is a servo eliminator available for the bike, i assume this is to trick the bike into thinking the exup is still connect?

And then the o2 sensor is separate again and i can get an emilinator for that? 

davey boy

• DAS Born Again
    • View Profile
Best way to Tune a 2006 fz1?
« Reply #3 on: 13 September 2015, 08:38:14 pm »
Just disconnect the cables from the servo and leave it in doesn't  weigh much

Goodlad

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 September 2015, 08:28:42 pm »
Has anyone use a rapidbike easy on their gen 2 fz1?

http://www.dimsport.it/en/rapidbike/easy

Tryin to suss out the most cost effective way to sort out the low to mid fueling

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 September 2015, 08:58:55 pm »
did u find a red one ,i think i recall u wanting a red one with all the bells and whistles,,or am i mistaken,,either way  :useless
please god let the sun keep shining