Date: 02-05-24  Time: 08:42 am

Author Topic: YourKey  (Read 1512 times)

Wade90

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
YourKey
« on: 26 March 2015, 08:31:28 pm »
Anybody used this service before? Just had a email and all my details are correct for a few years ago but I'm not sure.

http://www.yourkey.info/

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: YourKey
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2015, 09:32:21 pm »
It sounds just like a different kind of  no win / no fee ambulance chaser. Why would you ring them first before your insurance company?

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2015, 07:26:14 am »
I've been signed up for years, it's free and once you join you're a member for life, it's only your name and email address if i remember correctly so it's no big deal.
From what i can make out they can be very useful if the accident is not your fault, but they wouldn't wanna know if you caused it.
As it's a total freebie, and they don't pester you (maybe one email a year) then there's no harm in having membership at all, you never know it could come in very useful.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2015, 07:41:58 am »
It sounds just like a different kind of  no win / no fee ambulance chaser. Why would you ring them first before your insurance company?

Don't be fooled by the "No Win, No Fee" slogan, i looked into this last year and basically if you don't win the case then you don't pay your solicitor anything, but you do have to pay the other sides court costs and maybe other expenses, they certainly don't shout about that!
There is an insurance you can buy as a safety net, but if you win it's more money out of your compensation to pay out, and you have to bear in mind that solicitors will only take a case on if they think they have a very high chance of winning it, so it begs the question "Do i, don't i?"

Also, if you do win your case then your solicitor takes a percentage of YOUR compensation, which could be up to 25%.
Before they used to charge and get their fees aside from any of your rewards, but that's all changed, so now it comes out of your pocket.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 March 2015, 09:31:09 am »
I am a member but have never used them
When I was reversed into last year I dealt with the guys insurance direct and had my bike fixed at the dealer where I bought it
No solicitors involved but I didn't claim any injuries because the guy who hit me was a stand up guy and admitted fault when he could of made out I hit him
Its just a ride

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 March 2015, 09:47:17 am »
As far as I can tell its exactly the same as the legal cover you pay an extra 20 or 30 quid for on your insurance.

I don't bother anymore and have probably saved £500 in the 5 years since my accident where they were no use at all.

White-Dalton bike solicitors say its a complete waste of money as well!!

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 March 2015, 09:51:24 am »
Meant to add:

I joined 5 years ago and have never been bothered by them at all.
Although I'd phone my insurance company first. If you need recovery etc after an accident, they will sort it. If you phone Yourkey, they arrange a truck but you pay for it and claim it back later I think.

Its the uninsured losses that you want them to chase, ie non fault excess recovery.