Date: 18-05-24  Time: 07:24 am

Author Topic: Anyone know this bike?  (Read 921 times)

savvy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Anyone know this bike?
« on: 05 October 2013, 11:21:50 am »
Hi, Just got this Fazer on Tuesday. Does anybody recognize it? Was jacked up at rear with red links and had wood on the bottom of the stand. No centre stand.Looks great for its age, possibly restored to some degree.Think it came from n/east and was p/x in Blackpool.
 Would love some info to go with it.
 Reg S*** *TL
Cheers Barrie

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know this bike?
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2013, 11:43:02 am »
Did you know that you can go on to the gov website and type in your reg number and you can see the last 5? years MOT results.
As for restore I can not see anything that would lead me to think that it is none other that a very nice well kept fzs.All parts look right for it. Apart from a new chain and sprocket that i see. And handle bars and DB screen and blue engine bolts. The scratches on the left hand sie engine cover could be from somone dropping it whilst walking it --or more of a laying down than dropping it. The scratches on the mirrors --well I have those as I used to keep it in a tight space and they caught the wall a few times. I canot think why anyone would want to get rid of the centre stand tho
On the sprocket issue check these forums for loose front sprocket nut and get that checked
« Last Edit: 05 October 2013, 11:44:18 am by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

savvy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 October 2013, 07:05:39 pm »
Thanks for the heads up on the sprocket.Checked it this afternoon and was loose. Washer still there. The nut is 9mm wide an nearly goosed threads. For now.until I order the new nut kit, I drilled and tapped the nut from the spanner flats through to the threads for a 4mm grub screw,Drilled a shallow indent,about 1.5mm dp into the shaft for the grub screw to tighten into. Loctited together until new kit arrives but it seems ok so far and will keep my eye on it untill then.
 Regards the centre stand there were non standard dog bones to jack up the back end, now back to standard and yokes dropped 5mm.

Thanks again.
Cheers Barrie

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 October 2013, 10:38:54 pm »
Another one saved,,,hooray :D
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.