Date: 29-03-24  Time: 07:28 am

Author Topic: Young male drivers of Hampshire and Surrey...  (Read 1655 times)

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Young male drivers of Hampshire and Surrey...
« on: 29 August 2012, 08:27:46 pm »

... I'm sorry to have to break the news, but the relative awesomeness of your motor car does not have any bearing whatsoever on the rules of the road.

The (cage-bound) journey home from visiting my mum this afternoon was uneventful until I reached little village of Seale, and two freshly collided cars. Considering the abysmal road surface, lack of width, tightness of the bends and awkwardness of the junctions, 25 mph through there can be regarded as suicidally fast. From the state of the vehicles, shocked bystanders, ambulance and fire engine, it appears excess speed may have been a factor. Since it looked as though the junction was going to remain blocked for a considerable time while they cut whatever remained of the occupants out, I took a 5 mile detour.

Next up it was nearly my turn. Spotting a gap in the overtaking lane on the A331, I pulled out to pass some slow traffic... as I drew level with the car at the back of the slower queue he started indicating. "Surely he's not thinking there's room?" I thought.
Well, apparently he did.
What's more, he was most displeased to find me inadvertently tailgating him and conveyed his irritation by stamping on the brakes.

Dear Dickhead 2,
I know it's tiresome getting caught in slow traffic and people behind you having first dibs on the gaps in the overtaking lane, but the simple fact is that gaps are available to them first. According to the highway code, that you've been held up longer or have a car with more street cred than the one that's passing you, does not give you priority.
You should also note that your car is only faster if you use the pedal on the right.

Anyway, he turned off towards Farnborough without any more attempts to cause an accident.

Taking the later Hawley exit I manoeuvred over to the right hand lane to cross the busy roundabout on the A325. When the opportunity arose I accelerated away, only to discover a lad in what he doubtless refers to as his "bling motor" emergency braking to my left.

Dear Dickhead 3,
The left lane there is clearly marked as left-only. The white hatched area you were on is not a lane. Vehicles on UK roundabouts give way to the right, they do not expect to give way to traffic on the left and as a result, no matter if your car is of greater status, drivers cannot be expected to be looking for vehicles approaching from that direction.

He was at least kind enough to offer an explanation for his poor driving before turning off into the housing estate. Apparently he was masturbating.
At least, I assume that was what he meant.

bigsteve

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - TDM850 FZS600SP
    • View Profile
Re: Young male drivers of Hampshire and Surrey...
« Reply #1 on: 29 August 2012, 10:24:58 pm »
After visiting my parents in Farnham 2 weeks ago I was surprised to find a police speed camera van on the Northcamp exit off A331 sat on top of bridge   :eek trying to catch drivers heading towards M3

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 August 2012, 10:29:44 pm »
Have seen some right nobbish driving on the A331 recently, as borne out by Fazeriders tales, perhaps the coppers are taking notice and trying to reign it in...

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 August 2012, 06:53:51 am »
Its everywhere m8, not just your area.....

Strifae

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 August 2012, 07:53:51 am »
It is indeed, on my commute to work in North Bristol this morning I was in the outside lane on my FZ1 ready to turn right at the approaching roundabout - this road is a 30 mind due to proximity to a school/housing estate

Some twonk grey haired middle aged business man went screaming up the inside of me at what must have been closer to 60MPH and then pulled back across and went around the roundabout near enough sideways!

within 5 minutes I had overtaken him again in traffic and gave him a little chirpy *wave* - he didn't seem to like that judging by his facial expression

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 August 2012, 09:32:23 am »
Funny how it's never us, allways someone else :)

Khaotik

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 August 2012, 10:53:51 am »
What I dont understand is how a de-badged 10+ year old Clio, Corsa, Fiesta with a bolt-on Halfrauds exhaust and cut suspension springs driven with the occupant's limbs hanging out the windows like refugees and thumping distorted bass is considered to have street cred?  A turd 4 houses down on my street has just such a vehicle and his scummy mates seem to love it.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen some quality custom vehicles prepared with time, knowledge and skill and although not my cup of tea, I can admire what the owner has done.  But some of the rubbish on the roads is ridiculous.

manuel32

• Club Racer
  • Do it yourself!
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 September 2012, 07:27:16 am »
Lets start a photo gallery of "chav crap" mint idea innit
I know its only the internet but they are real people ! ain't they?