Date: 15-05-24  Time: 03:57 am

Author Topic: Hello from Hull  (Read 1173 times)

robcaton1234

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Hello from Hull
« on: 22 April 2012, 01:18:22 pm »
hey there.....I passed my bike test just over a month ago and bought myself a fazer fz1 the very next day.....this was totally against the advise of friends and collegues telling me to start out with a lower cc bike.....but what can I say?.....I saw it, I sat on it, I loved it and I bought it!! The power of the thing scares the living daylights out of me, and so far I haven't been able to get out on it much due to the weather, but I can't wait for summer, and I'm already looking to kit it out ready for touring on next year.

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Hull
« Reply #1 on: 23 April 2012, 06:09:20 am »
Hi Rob, how much is insurance on a newly qualified rider on a 1000cc bike? :eek :eek :eek 

DryRob

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - SV650s
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 April 2012, 01:59:32 pm »
good to see some more Hullish people on here, are you FC or KR ?
thou shalt not kick

robcaton1234

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 May 2012, 01:34:27 am »
Hey Farjo as I'm sure you're aware insurance can depend on many different variables and different insurance companies put differing amounts of relevance to those variables. A classic example is when i moved half a mile up the road a few years back and my car insurance went up by £200!! When I started looking for quotes on the fazer 1000 I honestly thought that, as a brand new rider wanting to go onto a very quick bike from scratch, it would probably be unfeasable (or unfazerble arf arf) to warrant buying the bike. The first broker I tried was Carole Nash, who quoted me £1600 fully comp. This was based on a new rider, 41 years of age, HGV Driver, with no no-claims discount, Social domestic and pleasure without commute, garaged, and a YISS immobiliser. after having a good laugh and less than politely saying no thanks very much I put the phone down and decided that it might be a good idea to listen to the advice that my friends had been giving me and start off with a lower cc bike. Carole Nash actually stated that some of the insurers that they use wouldn't even quote me! I decided not to give up though and try a couple of other web sites first. My next port of call was Compare the Meerkat and, using the same parameters I'd used with carole Nash, I was instantly bombarded with quotes starting at around £200!!! After adding a few goodies like legal and even full AA breakdown I settled on a quote from Express insurance for £354. I have to stress here that I was totally honest with my answers and didn't try to bend the rules even slightly!! Since taking up the insurance I've added a good few security measures as well, so would probably have been quoted even less if I'd had them in place in the first place. I'm guessing here, but I think that one of the big factors was my age......a couple of years younger and I might have found myself totally uninsurable, but once you hit the big four oh I think insurers decide that our mad bad adrenaline seeking days are behind us and we all drive or ride around grandad fashion or something!!! Hope this quick reply helps......lol
Hi Rob, how much is insurance on a newly qualified rider on a 1000cc bike? :eek :eek :eek

robcaton1234

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 May 2012, 01:49:08 am »
 :rollin Not much of a rugby fan DryRob but if I was pushed (preferably over a cliff but any sharp drop would do) then i would have to say FC all the way....it just gives me the creeps when I think about all those red red robbins a bob bob  bobbing along....
good to see some more Hullish people on here, are you FC or KR ?