Date: 01-05-24  Time: 21:33 pm

Author Topic: The case of the disappearing picture, Windows 8.1  (Read 720 times)

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
The case of the disappearing picture, Windows 8.1
« on: 11 October 2016, 06:22:40 pm »
 :'(

Need a bit of help please.

This evening I opened up a photo in Photoshop (PS) to make a quick edit. I did the edit but it wouldn't let me save the changes and said I didn't have permission... Hold on a mo... I am the Administrator and was logged on as Admin..

I closed the file in PS without saving and went to the picture in the Windows folder and checked the file properties to see if it was locked... The file was not locked but in the Security tab it said I did not have permission to change anything?

I opened up the picture again no problem and then closed it, went back to check properties and still could not change anything. I hummed for a bit and restarted my puter thinking I'd out whit this box of electronic data and parts.

Then tried again. Still no joy. I then tried to copy and paste the file in windows and a pop up box said I did not have permission... Bollox!

Then the picture icon / file just vanished in front of my eyes  :eek WTF

Doing a search it will find a short cut but is unable to file the original file. It's not in the bin. So my question are:

Where has the file gone and how the fuck can I get it back please?
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad