Date: 18-05-24  Time: 16:25 pm

Author Topic: Brussels taking the piss  (Read 7216 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Brussels taking the piss
« Reply #25 on: 24 October 2014, 08:55:14 pm »
Why do the euro - files keep saying that we will not be able to trade, we trade with others all over the world no problem.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Razgruff

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R XS750
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 24 October 2014, 09:10:43 pm »
Trade agreements have to be negotiated.
simple things like not holding goods up in customs. because they have to be checked that they comply with a nations regs on safety, agreements that no surcharges will be imposed on luxury goods and so on.

Since we have been in the EU most, if not all all of our international trading  has been through EU negotiated agreements, if we leave we will have to re negotiate those agreement on a country by country basis.

So we trade with China,
China negotiated a deal to trade with the whole of the EU not a few rocks off it's coast.
Their terms for trade may not be so favourable to us as a small group of rocks, has they were for the whole of Europe

read this on the TTIP agreement being negotiated between the US and the EU at the moment.

You'll get the idea

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/what-is-ttip-and-six-reasons-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 October 2014, 10:08:36 pm »
simple things like not holding goods up in customs. because they have to be checked that they comply with a nations regs on safety, agreements that no surcharges will be imposed on luxury goods and so on.

Since we have been in the EU most, if not all all of our international trading  has been through EU negotiated agreements, if we leave we will have to re negotiate those agreement on a country by country basis.

So we trade with China,
China negotiated a deal to trade with the whole of the EU not a few rocks off it's coast.
Their terms for trade may not be so favourable to us as a small group of rocks, has they were for the whole of Europe

read this on the TTIP agreement being negotiated between the US and the EU at the moment.

You'll get the idea

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/what-is-ttip-and-six-reasons-why-the-answer-should-scare-you-9779688.html

So we stop buying Chinese stuff, we buy so much more than we export. Would you care if we didn't sell Chinese stuff in the UK. Most of it is shite and made by kids anyway.

Mickey
Sent from my villa in the South of France.

Razgruff

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R XS750
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24 October 2014, 10:20:08 pm »
So that's China the worlds soon to be largest consumer market in the world  sorted  :thumbup
Now just got the rest of the worlds nations to sort out then  :deal

Don't need all these jobs in the Midlands making parts for Landrover plant in China anyway.
Sure it's Indian owners can get them made somewhere else.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-10-20/cheaper-made-in-china-land-rovers-in-sight-with-new-plant.html

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24 October 2014, 10:50:40 pm »
 if we leave we will have to re negotiate those agreement on a country by country basis.

[
Oh ok I see --------------do that then
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 24 October 2014, 10:55:46 pm »
China does not negotiate trade agreements,it dictates.
The west is giving so much technolgy to China it is unbelievable. I spent 18 months in Shanghai over seeing the construction of a class of LNG Gas carriers(ships). Nearly all the machinery was Japanese, French, British , German and South Korean.
Five ships were to be built, the build quality was that bad the first ship was 14 months late in entering service. The last ship was two years late. One of the reasons was that if a part failed on a ship they would rob the spare of the ship under construction. Why?? the Chinese were very slow at paying for goods received so the supplying companies, Kawasaki, Cryostar Weirs Pumps etc would only supply if items were paid for before dispatch.
They decided to build a sixth ship using all manufactured chinese machinery, parts etc! Very admirable, thing was everything was a direct copy of what they had been buying in. How can you trade with a country like that.
Yes they do buy stuff from us food etc¬ you can see it in supermarkets. The problem is they price these goods as luxury items, so very expensive. Would you pay nearly £15.00 for a packet of McVites biscuits.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Razgruff

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R XS750
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 24 October 2014, 11:24:03 pm »
if a part failed on a ship they would rob the spare of the ship under construction.

I was working building Ptarmigan Units for a Plessey sub contractor years ago.
The completed units were left on site waiting to be transferred for fitting on to vehicles.
We were always short of press shop parts, so we used to take the parts from already completed Units that the Plessey inspectors had checked and sealed.

Managers found a way around the seals.
So that we could take the parts to complete the next batch for inspection.
Not sure if it was a late delivery penalty or payment thing.
But some plates must have been in about 3 or 4 units before they were left in place  :lol

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 24 October 2014, 11:41:35 pm »
Back to motorcycles, Not to sure of my facts here but the resurgence of the Harley Davidson brand was purely and simply build quality.
I believe they are made in Korea, but assemble in the States so they can be advertised as built in the USA, I could be full of crap mind. I do know that Triumph have a bit engine plant out in Thialand? Korea and then shipped to the UK. I believe BMW bikes do something similar.

Razgruff

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R XS750
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 25 October 2014, 12:09:36 am »
Lot of companies doing stuff like that.
All Aston Martin Engines and drive line are build by Ford in one of their big engine plants in Germany, and most other parts are generic parts that you can find in any number of cars.
No such thing as a totally British or whatever country product any more.

Was keen on Harleys in my Youth, if my memory serves me right, Willie G brought what was left after AMF did all the bad building in the seventies and started the whole Super Guide buy the lifestyle marketing thing and kinda sorted some of the quality issues

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 25 October 2014, 12:32:39 am »
I deal with many China production factories on a daily basis (well the first 2 hours of my day  :D )
Some are shocking and need constant checking to ensure quality others are as good as any european facility
The problem is there is no consistency as the factories often go off on tangents, the asian mindset is so different from our logical one 
EU or BS directives help to nail down expectations and give absolutes
Its just a ride

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #35 on: 25 October 2014, 01:40:35 am »
O and other point, be careful what you wish for . Have you seen UKIP's other policies !

I thought I had, but then Nigel changed his mind (again...)

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 25 October 2014, 02:45:31 pm »
Quote from: Razgruff link=topic=15108.msg171244#msg171244 date=1414181

[/quote
So we stop buying Chinese stuff, we buy so much more than we export. Would you care if we didn't sell Chinese stuff in the UK. Most of it is shite and made by kids anyway.

Mickey
Perhaps something Britain should think about doing as a way to rid the streets of idiots.. Plus it saves paying in to children in need
;)

Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 26 October 2014, 06:09:22 pm »
An old one but true.
Irish Wanking Bankers - An Irishman Abroad.

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 27 October 2014, 05:31:22 pm »
Just making two points:
1. This recalculation is due to the UK's improving economy (compared to the previous forecast). Yes we are doing better than many other EU countries. I've been to Spain and Italy recently! The UK is not the only one having to pay more - the Dutch and others are as well.
2. This government had agreed on this method of recalculation, and knew this was coming. So there is no point is Dave, George and their chums bleating about it now. George likes crowing about how well we are now doing (under this government). This is the price you pay.
O and other point, be careful what you wish for . Have you seen UKIP's other policies !

I haven't read all the posts yet but this one rings true. Its just a bit of a shock that the money has to be paid over so soon. As well as the Dutch, Italy, Greece and Cyprus have to pay extra.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29751124   

What we need to do is cut a lot of the costs required to run the EU and stop the daft stuff like all cucumbers must be a certain shape nonsense.